DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can I find Custom Joysticks made for the DJI RC (not the Pro)?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I am looking for some custom Control Sticks made for the DJI RC (not the Pro). What I want is a stick that is larger (not longer) on the end and dished (concaved) so that the thumb sits down into the stick. I am not looking for an extended stick, just one that has a larger and dished head.

I have found this for the RC Pro but they will not work on the DJI RC as the Pro has a male threaded end and the RC has a female threaded end. An exhaustive search of the internet comes up with nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of where I should look?

Last edited:
Fly without the sticks? Lots of people do...
The DJI RC has these little tiny, skinny threaded posts that you'd have to rest your fingers on, not the balls that your fingers can sit smoothly on like the RCN1 controller. They have a different threading than all the other controllers. In fact, the provided sticks are so thin and insignificant that unless you have "sticky fingers" you're bound to drop one or two when installing or uninstalling. I suggest that anyone with a DJI RC controller purchase an extra set of sticks because sooner or later the chances of losing one or both is pretty high (IMO).

I know what the OP is asking for as I have a set for my Mini 2. They're shorter and have a rounded top and cost me about $10. I like them on the RCN1.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The DJI RC has these little tiny, skinny threaded posts that you'd have to rest your fingers on, not the balls that your fingers can sit smoothly on like the RCN1 controller. They have a different threading than all the other controllers. In fact, the provided sticks are so thin and insignificant that unless you have "sticky fingers" you're bound to drop one or two when installing or uninstalling. I suggest that anyone with a DJI RC controller purchase an extra set of sticks because sooner or later the chances of losing one or both is pretty high (IMO).

I know what the OP is asking for as I have a set for my Mini 2. They're shorter and have a rounded top and cost me about $10. I like them on the RCN1.

That must have been a common complaint to DJI because when I purchased my DJI RC it came with a “spare” set of the tiny, skinny sticks. What I don’t understand is that the RC has been out for a while, you would think that the company that made the aftermarket sticks that you have would make them for this controller already.

That must have been a common complaint to DJI because when I purchased my DJI RC it came with a “spare” set of the tiny, skinny sticks. What I don’t understand is that the RC has been out for a while, you would think that the company that made the aftermarket sticks that you have would make them for this controller already.
The sticks were made by Ulanzi and you almost can't get them any more for the Mini 2, let alone a Mini 3. They must not have sold well. What makes them different in addition to being shorter, they have a "rocker" top rather than one that looks like a "crown". I think the thumbs roll over the rocker better, at least for some. Here's what they look like...

1665867880882.png

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am looking for some custom Control Sticks made for the DJI RC (not the Pro). What I want is a stick that is larger (not longer) on the end and dished (concaved) so that the thumb sits down into the stick. I am not looking for an extended stick, just one that has a larger and dished head.

I have found this for the RC Pro but they will not work on the DJI RC as the Pro has a male threaded end and the RC has a female threaded end. An exhaustive search of the internet comes up with nothing.

Anyone have any ideas of where I should look?
Did you try Banggood ? I don’t know if they’d fit but, if seen control sticks on the site that are shaped like mushrooms. Sounds like something you might be looking for. Might be worth a look.

Did you try Banggood ? I don’t know if they’d fit but, if seen control sticks on the site that are shaped like mushrooms. Sounds like something you might be looking for. Might be worth a look.
I searched Banggood and didn't find anything. Do you have a link?

The BIG QUESTION just occurred to me...
In two short years I've owned a Mini 1, Mini 2, Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 3 w/DJI RC controller. Every one of those controllers used a different set of control sticks. WHY????? I understand the (marketing/margin) reasoning behind DJI making lots of their accessories not cross-model compatible. But something as simple as control sticks? How hard would it be for DJI to design all their controllers to take the same sticks???

It appears that the DJI RC and RC Pro have a similar configuration of separate vertically and horizontally moving "control barrels". Do those controllers use the same sticks?

How about these?
Or these?
Or these?

How about these?
Or these?
Or these?
The RCN1 and the DJI RC (smart controller for Mini 3) have entirely different stick mounting systems. the RCN1 has female recepticles while the DJI RC has thin, threaded male posts. Interestingly, for reference and comparison, the Mavic 2 controller has what looks like a "double female" stick where the control sticks screw around what's inside the controller balls. But again, why couldn't DJI just make the sticks and recepticles universal throughout the line?

I searched Banggood and didn't find anything. Do you have a link?

The BIG QUESTION just occurred to me...
In two short years I've owned a Mini 1, Mini 2, Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 3 w/DJI RC controller. Every one of those controllers used a different set of control sticks. WHY????? I understand the (marketing/margin) reasoning behind DJI making lots of their accessories not cross-model compatible. But something as simple as control sticks? How hard would it be for DJI to design all their controllers to take the same sticks???

It appears that the DJI RC and RC Pro have a similar configuration of separate vertically and horizontally moving "control barrels". Do those controllers use the same sticks?
Sorry, don’t have a link but I think the sticks are actually for R/C airplane transmitters. Don’t know if the thread sizes would match either but, IDK, maybe ??
Good luck with your search.

The RCN1 and the DJI RC (smart controller for Mini 3) have entirely different stick mounting systems. the RCN1 has female recepticles while the DJI RC has thin, threaded male posts. Interestingly, for reference and comparison, the Mavic 2 controller has what looks like a "double female" stick where the control sticks screw around what's inside the controller balls. But again, why couldn't DJI just make the sticks and recepticles universal throughout the line?
The silicone rubber thumb sticks I included above will work over any threaded stick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman