DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did everyone go?

Rogerc

Reactions
Due to health issues I have not flown my Mavic 2 Pro for about 6 months or visited this forum. I use to visit this forum on a daily basis and learned a lot. When I got stuck there was always a knowledgeable person to help me out.
I am shocked at the lack of postings on this forum. Not just the Mavic 2 Pro but most of the forums.
Where did everyone go?
Is there another site or have people lost interest because of barriers of where they could fly?
Confused in California
RC

Reactions: Droniac and knewton
Many of us fly less during the Winter and spend more time on other things (projects, WORK, family etc). It's normal for a "Hobby" forum to slow down during the heart of Winter.

WELCOME Back and hope your health is much better now.

Too cold to stand around outside here as well and most things are “dead” and gray but I do still fly some. Snow day pictures and videos and a few foggy mornings on days it warms a bit but generally like everyone else the time is spent on other things. I did watch for a new case and did purchase the Air 2S with RC Pro controller so not 100% nothing.

It is easy for those of us in CA to forget how fortunate we are to be able to easily fly year round. I can’t imagine flying where I would normally be wearing winter gloves or have to fly from my car.

Reactions: Droniac and RMS001
Same happened to PhantomPilots after a while. Most questions could be answered in the “Search” function. At least here there are new models occasionally to keep the questions coming. Enjoy

-15 in a nearby town (6 miles) this morning. Should warm up to a balmy 12F or so today, but it's bright and sunny so I'm charging my batteries. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have long battery life in cold weather...

• Haha
Reactions: Droniac and RMS001
Due to health issues I have not flown my Mavic 2 Pro for about 6 months or visited this forum. I use to visit this forum on a daily basis and learned a lot. When I got stuck there was always a knowledgeable person to help me out.
I am shocked at the lack of postings on this forum. Not just the Mavic 2 Pro but most of the forums.
Where did everyone go?
Is there another site or have people lost interest because of barriers of where they could fly?
Confused in California
RC
I’m still here! Even though I went out and got a Skydio 2, my Mavic Pro and Pro 2 Zoom do 90% of the Heavy Lifting over here!

Reactions: Droniac
Same happened to PhantomPilots after a while. Most questions could be answered in the “Search” function. At least here there are new models occasionally to keep the questions coming. Enjoy

Nothing like older model drones to just gradually fade away in interest on forums etc, but they are still about more than say the Spark.
If you want to see a quiet forum, head over there . . . still, there's a small group of diehard Spark owners (me included) that go there now.

This forum however seems to be as busy as usual, maybe some stats from the mods or admin could determine that.
Membership seems to be continuing strongly for as long as I have been here.

Social media, especially faceache, really killed off a lot of forums, this one really bucks / continues to buck that trend.

As does 90% of the world's population. You have a problem with that? :)

Spot on with the 90%.
Quite amazing when you think about it, like 80% of Australia's population live along the coast.

90% still seems a bit skewed, especially when you look at our milder climate in general (who'd like those Russian winters ?).
The Northern Hemisphere’s surface is about 40% landmass, the Southern Hemisphere’s surface is about 20%.

Still, it's nice and quiet down here, so all good :)

Reactions: Droniac

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes