DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you buy from?

FASTFJR

Reactions
In the past I've always bought directly from DJI. I'm looking for a Mavic 2 and see lots of pretty good deals on Amazon. Sellers seem to throw in little things like memory cards, landing mats stuff like that. Any warnings from buying on Amazon? Amazon.com: mavic pro 2

Thanks

Reactions: charliesRig
Just make sure that you’re dealing with a DJI AUTHORIZED seller (unauthorized = no warranty). Amazon is authorized but not all third party sellers on Amazon are.
I’ve been very happy with Adorama and B&H, both have free shipping (in US) and no tax outside of NY in US. Both are authorized sellers.
EDIT 04.01.19:
Elude pointed out my error in saying “Amazon is authorized” see post #30 my bad. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLambert
B&H Photo - no tax, free (2-day for where I live) shipping, and great customer service over the many years I've used them - I pretty much buy all of my electronic goods from them.

Reactions: JLambert
Just make sure that you’re dealing with a DJI AUTHORIZED seller (unauthorized = no warranty). Amazon is authorized but not all third party sellers on Amazon are.
I’ve been very happy with Adorama and B&H, both have free shipping (in US) and no tax outside of NY in US. Both are authorized sellers.

Agreed, you need to be careful and check any non-amazon seller before making a purchase.

I bought my first mavic through DJI as it took a while for other places to stock them but bought the MP2 from a local chain store, given the choice I'd rather use a non-DJI store as they tend to be better for returns if there's problems. I don't know if it's still the case but I've seen people with faulty drones out the box from direct from DJI and instead of them doing a straight swap for a new one as you'd expect instead people have to wait for a lengthy repairs process.

I often buy drones from the DJI Store since that's usually the only place that has drones in stock when buying newly released models. I have also purchased drones from Amazon too and have always had good experiences.

Any warnings from buying on Amazon?
There are a lot of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon. Amazon makes all sellers follow a strict policy that pretty much benefits customers in every way. In addition to a great buying experience, you can get free shipping, pay no tax (if Amazon doesn't ship the drone), and get your drone delivered by a guaranteed date. And if something doesn't arrive as expected, you can easily return your drone at no cost to you.

If you're interested in buying on Amazon, I keep a list of sortable daily deals here:

Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

Craigslist Mavic Pro Platinum, $650 with 2 batteries. After a few months it had problems & DJI replaced it under warranty.

Craigslist Mavic Pro Platinum, $650 with 2 batteries. After a few months it had problems & DJI replaced it under warranty.
Did DJI make you produce a copy of the original sales receipt to get that replacement?

No, I just put the serial # into their system and it said I had warranty service. I explained the faults I was getting and they authorized a return for repair. After about 10 days or so as I recall, I got what looks like a new drone with a different serial # and matching controller. No retail packaging or other accessories. The replacement # did not have an "R" prefix, as I've heard refurbs are marked.

Rob (Thunderdrones) hooked me up with a activated only new M2P that had refresh, Logged into Dji entered the Sn and both the active warranty and refresh came up with 10+ months remaining.

Thanks again Rob

Keep a eye on the classifieds here, just make sure to have the seller invoice you thru Paypal so you are covered in case of a "not as described" item. That coverage is good up to 180 days from date of purchase.

Plenty of buyers remorse/Xmas toys on Ebay.

After having gotten such exemplary second owner warranty service, I opted to purchase the year long extended coverage plan. Their communication procedure is the best I've ever had, and that includes from businesses like Apple & others.

In UK we have John Lewis partnership that gives a 2 year guarantee and have a price match policy against other high street prices. Available online but not sure about outside UK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998