DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the airsense / ads-b option?

Yeah I suppose that makes sense. I wasn't sure what the trigger was but the GPS piece is basically unavoidable then. Apparently it looks like other people have said it did work outside the US but I believe the Airsense was supported in North American models. Who knows, its just slightly irritating that DJI would disable it in other areas even thought its fitted with the feature. I guess I can just hope it's maybe changed in a future firmware update.

I hope so too. AirSense has been pretty useful for me in the USA so it would be a bummer if it's disabled when I (eventually) go abroad again.

Sorry, noob question guys. I have a 2 day old Mavic Air 2, USA version (box have an ADS-B sticker as well as the drones arm). I flew my 2nd battery, smoothly, but then I heard a plane around me and i saw it too, but I didn’t see any alert while flying my drone, it must be disabled by default. I couldn’t find it on the settings. Where is it?
Hi im new on this Forums.not haveing any luck from DJI as to getting an answer for this ,would you mind telling me the model number on your drone,is it MA2UE3W,thats mine and not sure if ADS--B is installed
Thanks from Ireland

Hey everyone, first post here as I am running into this issue now as well. I have a US model MA2 but currently live and fly in England. I have researched and found where the Airsense feature gets turned on and off in settings but that option is 100% not on my menu under the safety tab. When I updated to the most recent firmware it was on a UK cell network. Could that have removed the feature?
i had it on my menu in the uk until the latest update i installed today so dji must have removed it from the uk apple store version for some reason !

Hey everyone, first post here as I am running into this issue now as well. I have a US model MA2 but currently live and fly in England. I have researched and found where the Airsense feature gets turned on and off in settings but that option is 100% not on my menu under the safety tab. When I updated to the most recent firmware it was on a UK cell network. Could that have removed the feature?
Could be they added that as a further check as wised up to using people spoofing gps, but you can always make your own custom drone and be free of manufacturer restrictions.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Hi im new on this Forums.not haveing any luck from DJI as to getting an answer for this ,would you mind telling me the model number on your drone,is it MA2UE3W,thats mine and not sure if ADS--B is installed
Thanks from Ireland
Mine is the same model i do believe we have the hard ware but like i said in another post dji have removed the setting in the app now for some reason.

Could be they added that as a further check as wised up to using people spoofing gps, but you can always make your own custom drone and be free of manufacturer restrictions.
you have a point there,it may be worth uninstalling the go fly app using a gps spoof and try to download the app fronm the US app store.

Hi how can I find out if my drone has the ads b chip . It’s not showing in my app , but it’s the MA2UE3W model
there is info online showing this i will try and find the link for you.

I doubt the cell network matters. The drone has a GPS receiver so it knows what country you are in, and apparently DJI is automatically hiding AirSense when the drone is used outside the North American market.
Yea many have said DJI hide airsense feature outside US and someone even got confirmation of that from DJI and also have seen confirmation since also from DJI that the ads-b receiver in MA2 is dual frequecy 978MHz and 1090MHz so should work outside US, but have not seen reason from DJI yet as to why they hide option to turn it on or off outside North America. Could be they modifyied something in updates along the way or was initially set up like that.

you have a point there,it may be worth uninstalling the go fly app using a gps spoof and try to download the app fronm the US app store.
Tried but still the same even tried with previous versions, although did not revert to previous firmware on drone and rc but read on DJI forum that someone tried that as well but also to no effect so did not bother myself, ads-b not all that vital after all, anycase no low flying planes to check it out on where I am but do like their latest update on app giving you control over smoothness on gimble. But also like said here that they may have added a check to network location to beat GPS spoofers but don't understand why they would want to hide that ads-b on off option in first place. Oh I am using it on Android though don't know about Apple. But did read somewhere that DJI said option to turn off or on was not there anymore but Airsense does work on US drone with it outside North America, so I guess I have to wait for passing low flying plane and hope it does not speak in chinese and become really irritating as shown by one guy on utube especially if there is no way to turn it off. But then you can buy a GPS board spare in UK without ads-b although it costs more locally than buying one from china with ads-b.

Tried but still the same even tried with previous versions, although did not revert to previous firmware on drone and rc but read on DJI forum that someone tried that as well but also to no effect so did not bother myself, ads-b not all that vital after all, anycase no low flying planes to check it out on where I am but do like their latest update on app giving you control over smoothness on gimble. But also like said here that they may have added a check to network location to beat GPS spoofers but don't understand why they would want to hide that ads-b on off option in first place. Oh I am using it on Android though don't know about Apple. But did read somewhere that DJI said option to turn off or on was not there anymore but Airsense does work on US drone with it outside North America, so I guess I have to wait for passing low flying plane and hope it does not speak in chinese and become really irritating as shown by one guy on utube especially if there is no way to turn it off. But then you can buy a GPS board spare in UK without ads-b although it costs more locally than buying one from china with ads-b.
be interesting to see if the air sense is on all the time then,i wonder if our friends in the usa can confirm this ? i doubt thats the case i think they have disabled the function for EU/uk users at least .

May I add just this (I've wrote it in thread MA2UE3W vs MA2UE1N already):

I was able to change my German location to Alburquerque (where I've been years ago) via a faking GPS tool on the Mac (connected to my iPhone).
Since I've got an E3W model I was interested what would happen... After switching on everything I was asked if I wanted to use the ADSB warnings. So the chip should be inside!
Good to know I'am prepared in case ADSB gets switched on in EU or at least in Germany. Got the right drone...

Yes the 3W is the ADSB model.
For some reason DJI has the Airsense disabled on CE mode. If you spoof location and try in FCC mode the Airsense will be automatically enabled. I can confirm this as I have received the “manned aircraft nearby “ warning

Yes the 3W is the ADSB model.
For some reason DJI has the Airsense disabled on CE mode. If you spoof location and try in FCC mode the Airsense will be automatically enabled. I can confirm this as I have received the “manned aircraft nearby “ warning
I have the fcc modded app and until the latest DJI 116 update I had the airsense toggle switch it’s now been removed even though I have the 3w and fcc.

Hi how can I find out if my drone has the ads b chip . It’s not showing in my app , but it’s the MA2UE3W model
Well if DJI have hidden in their EU app versions, you could take a look at the GPS board physically as fitted in your drone, the ads-b receiver is on one side of that board, or xray it, or come up with your own software to check but you need deliberatly hidden info to do this so tricky, Probably void warranty taking it to bits. Email DJI ask them why app shows no sigm of ads-b maybe you get lucky and they tell you.

Mine has ADS-B, and I’ve received several warnings, but have also had helicopters go by when I got no warning. We are on the flight path to a local hospital (about two miles away), and you need to keep your ears open. But, what really upsets me is the ABS-B sticker on my drone is crooked. I don’t know whether to try and reposition it or just take it off.

Mine has ADS-B, and I’ve received several warnings, but have also had helicopters go by when I got no warning. We are on the flight path to a local hospital (about two miles away), and you need to keep your ears open. But, what really upsets me is the ABS-B sticker on my drone is crooked. I don’t know whether to try and reposition it or just take it off.

I took all the stickers off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin