DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

jeremytoh

Reactions
Hi guys,

It's been a while since we posted something. We've compiled a series of our misadventures while travelling with a Drone and made it into a funny video.
It's meant to be entertaining and a bit educational. I do fly responsibly, but I'm still a bit of a maverick if I need to capture those amazing perspective or cinematic movement, as long as our insurance covers it.

Feel free to share our video. Cheers and Safe Travels! ?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

It's been a while since we posted something. We've compiled a series of our misadventures while travelling with a Drone and made it into a funny video.
It's meant to be entertaining and a bit educational. I do fly responsibly, but I'm still a bit of a maverick if I need to capture those amazing perspective or cinematic movement, as long as our insurance covers it.

If you have mildly enjoyed the video, please give us a Thumbs Up?, and if you've really enjoyed it... please hit our Subscribe button.?

Feel free to share our video. Cheers and Safe Travels! ?

I would just add “around National Treasures” like Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, or ? Angkor Wat without express permission.

We know better now! ? Will definitely return to shoot it when we get permission.

I bet that was incredible though! That’s one place that always fascinates me. Most people have never even heard of Khmer Empire here in the States. Everybody knows the Egyptians though

I bet that was incredible though! That’s one place that always fascinates me. Most people have never even heard of Khmer Empire here in the States. Everybody knows the Egyptians though
Yea. Even saw the place where they shot Tomb Raider. The stuff the Khmer Empire built there during the 12th century was simply incredible. They had even had swimming pools on top of Angkor Wat, I was just amazed at how they engineered that during that time.

Reactions: Chip and brett8883
There are a good amount of Drone Enthusiasts in Shanghai, that get up at dawn to fly and shoot these amazing structures. I made a few friends there and they told me where I could shoot, unfortunately they weren't quite specific on exact location at Lu Jia Zui. ?‍♂️

I got "told off" for flying near bird cliffs in Iceland. I didn't think they were breeding in February so thought nothing of it. Normally I would not fly my drone near nesting birds anyway!

Reactions: jeremytoh
I flew the drone in Vietnam ?? without issues. Even went through airport customs and security too.

Checkout my video:

Lucky you! Interesting video too! Thumbswayup TripAdvisor's travellers are reporting the same thing like you for Hanoi and some in HCM. But the Travellers going through Da Nang got their drones confiscated like me. A very weird and inconsistent application of rules. If I have to go back to Hoi An, I am never going through Da Nang.

Reactions: MPone
I got "told off" for flying near bird cliffs in Iceland. I didn't think they were breeding in February so thought nothing of it. Normally I would not fly my drone near nesting birds anyway!

You'll have to share with us some of your Iceland experience. Would love to go there someday.
Captain Sully's Plane wasn't the only one prone to Bird Strikes.

If you have mildly enjoyed the video, please give us a Thumbs Up?, and if you've really enjoyed it... please hit our Subscribe button.?

General Rules
  • 11. Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website.

General Rules
  • 11. Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys, polls or contests. This includes Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You may place a single link in your signature to an outside website.
No worries. Just edited that part out.

Tremendous Vid brought back some great memories thanks for posting.

Leslie Nielsen always comes to mind when the Police Squad music plays, and The Naked Gun.
I was wondering what I would do with those videos, and we finally made a funny video out of it with a bit educational value.
Hopefully. ;) Thanks for tuning in.

The first "blooper" at the end where you have a midair resulting in drone/battery separation made me pucker :oops:. Looked like you only lost one drone and not both.

In general, have most of your law enforcement encounters (except Vietnam) resulted peaceably?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54