DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where On Earth Is The Mavic 2?

the platinum was released as a minor bump a long time ago. Normally in the dji release schedule a proper update is just a couple months away.
look at the P2, P3, P4 etc morn bumps before new models.

the pro 2 is well overdue.

DJI are being lazy.
Stratigies change sir...they could very well have a new idea and product

There is no reason for them to release Mavic Pro 2. What can they update?
The battery? Not so much considering its size.
The camera? Why? They will just cannibalize their own Phantom sales which is not that much more expensive than Mavic Pro. And remember they just released an update to Phantom.
Sensors? There will be massive crying about Mavic Pro 2 only having new sensors.
I don't think we will see Mavic Pro 2 for a while. Or unless there's a very good competitor out, but the only one (Evo) is probably not being released until 2019.
Once there is a new Phantom with a much better camera, that's when they will slap a bit better camera on Mavic and call it Pro 2. In late 2018 or 2019.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Come on are you for real ?

Battery life
better camera
rear obstacle avoidance plus other directions.
quieter
faster

etc etc etc.

the mavic is different from the other drones but needs to be udated.
if new model is better why would they care if the p4 is sidelined.

its not just the new autel that will be coming out, the new parrot will be out 2nd july.

dji are getting stale.

Reactions: RC5728

Battery life
better camera
quieter
faster

etc etc etc.

the mavic is different from the other drones but needs to be udated.
if new model is better why would they care if the p4 is sidelined.

its not just the new autel that will be coming out, the new parrot will be out 2nd july.

dji are getting stale.
Then buy the PARROT and be done with it...just a suggestion...be happy fly safe

maybe or maybe not.
i have had more dji drones then you have had hot dinners.

dji have been good but also they have been awful.
You need to read all the DJI forums back for several years to find out why.

Reactions: RC5728
I am NOT whining.

just saying there are options and DJI have not be whiter than white over the period.
Just look at the flak they received about NON deliveries of MP months after release and shops were selling them off the shelf.

yes what ever, DJI need to up there game and get new model out there.

There seem to be a great many malcontents out there, I would imagine if DJI bought out a new drone every few weeks people would still complain, 'Better' is in the eye of the beholder, I'd like a Nikon D850, but I'm ecstatic with my Panasonic LX100, because that's the best I can afford. I have a Mavic pro and an old (450 kilometres) P3 pro, If a silent drone was introduced, I'd jump at it, otherwise, I'm able to live with being scorned for having some old tat..

Really? Let's see some of your footage of moving water, e.g. waterfalls. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Would you mind posting some of your footage of moving water and waterfalls, I am really inquisitive to understand the issue you are referring to?

I think it will be very soon.

new parrot drone next month.
new autel drone probably also next month.
The Autel Evo is going to be a long way away if ever. Autel is known for hyping up a new product and never releasing it. The last article I read said that Autel has not even started production yet and they are having design issues. Maybe patent related. So do not hold your breath.

Reactions: avanti1963
???

Parrot Anafi, only announced 2 days ago.
autel, announced a while ago, first few have shipped to competition winners.

DJI will want to come out all guns blazing with the new offering in the next few weeks.

Good news you will be able to pick up a pro at half price soon, prices dropping now.
Autel has NOT shipped any EVOs out. Not even to the winners.
There will be no Mavic Pro 2, It is the Mavic AIR. DJI will probably upgrade the AIR to a Pro model with better range, sensors etc.
The Mavic Pro was released in 2016. If DJI was going to release a Pro 2 they would have done it by now.
So get the Anafi or one of DJIs other models.

Battery life
better camera
quieter
faster

etc etc etc.

I bought the Mavic Pro when it first came out and I still love it. Since I'm not a professional photographer, I really don't need a better camera. I get great 4K video easily and do no post-editing. ("Great" by my standards) I have a blast flying it every time, and have the coolest vacation videos of all my friends and family.

I can't imagine DJI coming out with a new Mavic that would justify me spending another ~$1000+/- anytime in the near future. There's nothing I need to have improved that bad.

Battery life: - 20+ mins is fine with me. Would I spend $1000 for an extra 5 mins of flight time? No. Maybe a full hour of flight time, just so I'd never have to change batteries, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. I usually get kinda bored after about 20 mins anyway. Unless you're filming for a commercial project, what do you do up in the air all that time?

Better Camera: I've never had any problems with the MP camera. A bigger sensor would be cool, I'm sure, but it would mean a larger drone, and I definitely wouldn't want to move UP in size. If I was really serious about image quality I'd buy a P4 PRO anyway. A more protected gimbal would be nice, like in the Air.

Obstacle Avoidance: Until they come up with REALLY EFFECTIVE 360-degree OA that can detect small limbs and wires, (virtually crash-proof), I look at OA like bumpers on my car: never used them / probably never will / don't really need them ... just cool marketing/bragging rights. They could, possibly help me someday. I would not pay $1000 for two extra OA sensors. Truly effective obstacle avoidance is years away IMO. (I know, I know, they have saved a few mavics a few times - I've seen the videos.)

Quieter: Would I pay $1000 for a Mavic that's 20% quieter? - Probably not. 80% quieter? - Maybe. Almost silent? - certainly. But we're a long way away from that. I've never had anyone complain about the sound of my drone, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Faster: 35+ MPH is plenty fast for me. If I wanted to go faster, I'd get a racing drone. Would I pay another $1000 for a mavic that could go 50MPH? Probably not.

So when they come up with a crash-proof, water-proof, super-fast, silent mavic, with a camera that's twice as good and more durable and protected, and a 1 hour flight time, I will be the first in line: please take my $1500 and ship it to me ASAP!

Until then (maybe ~ 2021?) I'll be more than happy with my original Mavic Pro.

Unless my wife let's me buy an Inspire. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Norm62
Autel has NOT shipped any EVOs out. Not even to the winners.
There will be no Mavic Pro 2, It is the Mavic AIR. DJI will probably upgrade the AIR to a Pro model with better range, sensors etc.
The Mavic Pro was released in 2016. If DJI was going to release a Pro 2 they would have done it by now.
So get the Anafi or one of DJIs other models.

Actually the winners HAVE received their drones as of about a week ago. I'm a member of Autel groups and they have been flying and reviewing them all week

The Autel Evo is going to be a long way away if ever. Autel is known for hyping up a new product and never releasing it. The last article I read said that Autel has not even started production yet and they are having design issues. Maybe patent related. So do not hold your breath.

Winners of Autel Evo have just received their drones last week. So I'd say we're close.

seems that DJI will get new competition, Parrot Anafi (not my video, just found it on YT):

Never thought I would ever look at Parrot again: I was flying Bebop1 & Bebop2 before I changed to DJI Mavic Pro last summer: the Mavic Pro video quality simply blown me away! Bebop quality was at best "acceptable" when flying in really good light conditions. Somebody here in the forum described the Mavic Pro video as a "wounded soldier in a critical situation": I guess he never experienced Parrot Bebop (1 or 2) video "quality" ;-)

Now the Parrot Anafi seems to be capable to film in d-log as well (saw it in another video), and offers "theoretical" loss-less zoom due to the 21mp sensor, 4K HDR video. Not sure if I like HDR video, but maybe this move by Parrot will make DJI reconsider their plans (if any are around) when to upgrade the Mavic Pro..?

I really enjoy my MP ...I’m going to look for some waterfalls here in the Rockies to test out the camera on this one. So far I think this little camera on the mav Pro is actually quite good. I’m a photo guy by trade and it seems to me that the camera on the mav really does a great job,for what it is. Having said that,I still think a solid working understanding of the cameras settings and when/where to use them can only improve our photography and video skills. Practice makes perfect.
If a mav 2was upcoming I still think I would stick with my mp until I felt it was really lacking new tech.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky