DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where should I buy a Mavic 2 Pro done in the UK?

giebe

Reactions
Hey guys,
I have decided I am ready to buy a Mavic 2 Pro. Since it is a quite a lot of money I believe it is worth to ask you all for help and opinions instead of google.
I live in the UK so I need to be sure that warranty is covered in the UK. Can anyone recommend me any reliable store which should I use to be sure its safe, its not a fraud but also the one where the pricing isn't crazy?
Looking for a base or almost base drone package, planning to buy additional gear when I have a bit more more money to spend.
Also I have noticed that prices in the UK went up recently (10% in the last 2 weeks?).. Has anyone know what has happened and is it worth to wait for any price drop? Wandering what was the cause of such a big price change?
Any advice is very appreciated
Thanks in advance
G.

Wher
Hey guys,
I have decided I am ready to buy a Mavic 2 Pro. Since it is a quite a lot of money I believe it is worth to ask you all for help and opinions instead of google.
I live in the UK so I need to be sure that warranty is covered in the UK. Can anyone recommend me any reliable store which should I use to be sure its safe, its not a fraud but also the one where the pricing isn't crazy?
Looking for a base or almost base drone package, planning to buy additional gear when I have a bit more more money to spend.
Also I have noticed that prices in the UK went up recently (10% in the last 2 weeks?).. Has anyone know what has happened and is it worth to wait for any price drop? Wandering what was the cause of such a big price change?
Thanks in advance
G.
Where in the UK (approximately) since there are many reputable DJI dealers in the country.

North (Newcastle) but I dont mind also buying it 'Online' so location doesnt matter really as long as I wont have any issues with the warranty, support etc.
Thanks

WEX photo video, Jessops, Amazon,co,uk Direct from DJi

My advice make sure they have it in stock, I cannot vouch for any of these company's as never use them.

Reactions: giebe
Just make sure they are an approved dealer, then find the cheapest place. Amazon (direct), Very, jessops, curry's, John Lewis all approved dealers, so find best deal.

Hey guys,
Thanks in advance
G.
Hi,
I bought my M2P from Drones Direct. The price was competitive. DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone with Hasselblad Camera CP.MA.00000010.01 | Drones Direct
I have also bought a couple of drones from Heliguy. Heliguy - Quadcopters, Drones and Training - DJI UK Dealer

There probably all the same price at the moment , if you go into a shop with one in stock you might be able to blag a free memory card.

Have found this one as quite interesting and competitive:
but the more I read about slrhut the more suspicious it looks. Believe 'DJI USA Authorized Dealer Warranty' means nothing within the UK. Also I am afraid that I might struggle to get any help from them if something doesnt work as it should. Probably will go for the Wex or something like that.
Does anyone know is the 'refresh' something additional to buy? I mean that 'insurance' when the drone is broken. Is this available in any UK store?
Also, can anyone recommend any 'safe' backpacks to pack Mavic 2 Pro and the equipment?
Thanks for help

but the more I read about slrhut the more suspicious it looks. Believe 'DJI USA Authorized Dealer Warranty' means nothing within the UK. Also I am afraid that I might struggle to get any help from them if something doesnt work as it should. Probably will go for the Wex or something like that.
Does anyone know is the 'refresh' something additional to buy? I mean that 'insurance' when the drone is broken. Is this available in any UK store?
Also, can anyone recommend any 'safe' backpacks to pack Mavic 2 Pro and the equipment?
Thanks for help
SLR Hut are not UK based.

Totem Hobbies in Plymouth, we have them in stock and are an authorized UK DJI dealer. Give me a call tomorrow and I'll see what kind of deal I can do for you.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro - (#VEC-14677)

The official DJI shop will come with a UK warranty and so forth.

And yes, SLR Hut are not a UK company, they're a POBOX only.

Thank you guys, will pick a heliguy probably then. As I read about them they sounds quite reliable and supportive for their customers.. hope they are.
Any recommendations to bag and additional equipment from your experience?

Dji care refresh is dji's version of Apple Care, and it's a register after you buy sorta thing.

Make sure you get public liability insurance either through a club or cover drone, might not need refresh if getting coverdrone cover, but make sure what's best for you (I've got both.. But the coverdrone mainly for public liability insurance and international travel cover)

I've got the Smart Controller, and not many packs around with it setup for it. I use these at the moment in no particular order.

Lykus M1 Water Resistant Travel... Lykus M1 Water Resistant Travel Backpack for DJI Mavic: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

PolarPro Filter 6PK (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL DJI Mavic 2 Filters) for DJI Mavic 2 Pro PolarPro Filter 6PK for DJI Mavic 2 Pro: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Flycoo PGYTECH Propellers Holder... Flycoo PGYTECH Propellers Holder Guard fixation fixator for DJI Mavic 2 Pro / DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Helicopter Quadcopter Accessories Blades Clip Protection: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Rantow 2-Pack 9H Hardness Screen... Rantow 2-Pack 9H Hardness Screen Protector for DJI: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Honbobo High-Grade Nylon Neck... Honbobo High-Grade Nylon Neck Strap Lanyard Sling Shoulder Strap for DJI Smart Controller for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Remote Control: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

PolarPro Gimbal Lock/Lens Cover for DJI Mavic 2 Pro PolarPro Gimbal Lock/Lens Cover for DJI Mavic 2 Pro: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

And skin for it is this one (with matching smart Controller one)

Hope that helps [emoji4]

Thanks for help
Whatever you do, don't buy from the USA. You will get stuffed for import duty. I recently bought some motorcycle parts from a company in California, total cost around £500. When my items reached the UK, I got stuffed for £148 import duty!

I bought mine from Jessops recently for £1,200 - plus at online checkout was offered a £60 discount on the Mavic Fly More Kit and a free 64 Gb Sandisk SD card. Not sure if the offer is still available.

I bought mine from Jessops recently for £1,200 - plus at online checkout was offered a £60 discount on the Mavic Fly More Kit and a free 64 Gb Sandisk SD card. Not sure if the offer is still available.

Nah, looks like all drone prices went up. Was planning to get it for 1200 but had to leave the country for 2 weeks and now when I am back I see 1349£ fpr mavic 2 pro everywhere. Have no idea what has happened. Btw. will ask heliguy for any discount and will see. Want to buy from them since they look pretty reliable.
Thanks everyone for advice. Very appreciated. Hope will get one next week :)

Don't forgot Argos.
The prices seems to be same everywhere across the UK. I have found a cheaper one on Amazon (1.100something £) but when I have checked the details it would be sent from the german supplier which makes things a bit more complicated with the warranty etc. So finally I decided to get one from the heliguy.com as someone has suggested and ordered one today afternoon. Hope I wont regret it. Those guys seem to be reliable so far, give 2 year of warranty for the drone, 1 year for the battery and 3 months for cables.. dont get this part with cables :D.
I asked them for any discount but they said no... asked for any small gift like a SD card and also they said no :). btw.. what micro sd card card should I get? Got one 64GB Scandisk Extremefrom my old phone... should it work well?

The prices seems to be same everywhere across the UK. I have found a cheaper one on Amazon (1.100something £) but when I have checked the details it would be sent from the german supplier which makes things a bit more complicated with the warranty etc. So finally I decided to get one from the h eliguy.com as someone has suggested and ordered one today afternoon. Hope I wont regret it. Those guys seem to be reliable so far, give 2 year of warranty for the drone, 1 year for the battery and 3 months for cables.. dont get this part with cables :D.
I asked them for any discount but they said no... asked for any small gift like a SD card and also they said no :). btw.. what micro sd card card should I get? Got one 64GB Scandisk Extremefrom my old phone... should it work well?

If you intend to record 4K then this is the card that will be fast enough.

Important thing is to take your time to learn how to fly the Mavic in a safe manor familiarize yourself with the app and all the controls.

Thank you all for help. Finally decided to pick a heliguy.com. Bought a Mavic 2 Pro (1349£) and additionally the Fly More Kit (299£). Both were delivered next day.
Didnt get any additional gift from heliguy.com. Here is an unboxing video I made :)
When I opened the box there was a small 'dji support contact' card. Luckily I started from this one as dji support told me that if I want the 'DJI Refresh' I should activate it before the drone is turned on. As I understand it could be activated after thedrone was turned on but it would need sending a video with a drone to them and would be a bit more complicated. I payed 109£ for 'Dji Refresh'.
Additionally I bought a landing pod (75cm - 8£) but I have found it too small for this drone and ordered a 110cm version (12£). Dunno is it enough as still waiting for the delivery.
I also ordered a Xy energy bank for DJI Drones .. as someone suggested on this forum.. but since it comes directly from China, the estimated delivery time is somewhere in the next month :(. The cost is 60£ so far.
Still have no idea why heliguy.com gives just 3 months of warranty for cables, are they super vulnerable and do I need to be very careful with them?
Also I am not sure did I miss any relevant piece of equipment but I hope I didnt since I have spent a bit more to what I expected already.
I can definitely see that it was a good idea to get Dji Tello first to learn some basics and crash it a few times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661