DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to buy Mavic?

miamijato

Reactions
I'm ready to buy my Mavic it's just nobody has in stock at this moment. Knowing this, should I just buy from DJI store and wait for them to send it to me. The site says 5 days after payment they will ship out. Is this true?, or once they have my money, I am at there mercy?. Where do you guys think I should be looking to purchase my Mavic right now. Thanks again for your opinions.......

IF you want to have it in hand right now, I'd look at Craigslist. Thats where I got mine. Paid the guy exactly what what I would have paid if I bought it from a brick-and-mortar. Didn't get gouged on the price. Got the original receipt too.

As a matter of fact, in my area, apparently someone bought 2 of them trying to flip them for a profit. Seems it didn't work that way as earlier this week he dropped the price to 950.00. They are both gone now... Ones on CL are going for ~1100 bucks, which depending on the tax rate in your area is probably only like 20 bucks more....

If you can wait, I'd just order from DJI and wait. I think I recalled they will be or are celebrating Chinese New Years, these next couple of weeks which may impact shipping times... You can check that in other threads...

Reactions: zillion
IF you want to have it in hand right now, I'd look at Craigslist. Thats where I got mine. Paid the guy exactly what what I would have paid if I bought it from a brick-and-mortar. Didn't get gouged on the price. Got the original receipt too.

As a matter of fact, in my area, apparently someone bought 2 of them trying to flip them for a profit. Seems it didn't work that way as earlier this week he dropped the price to 950.00. They are both gone now... Ones on CL are going for ~1100 bucks, which depending on the tax rate in your area is probably only like 20 bucks more....

If you can wait, I'd just order from DJI and wait. I think I recalled they will be or are celebrating Chinese New Years, these next couple of weeks which may impact shipping times... You can check that in other threads...
Will do that, I'll just order from DJI then, thanks again guys..........

Will do that, I'll just order from DJI then, thanks again guys..........

I ordered form DJI direct on Jan 16th and they told me yesterday it will ship mid next week!!! But also check your local bestbuy they are getting them as well... You will have to pay sales tax tho!!! That's almost a whole other battery!

Where do you guys think I should be looking to purchase my Mavic right now.
Unless you can find a Best Buy, Apple store, or other DJI dealer who has a Mavic in stock right now, you're best bet is going to be buying a Mavic directly from the DJI Store here.

Reactions: cleansweep
Just keep in mind that the DJI store is also expecting another delay so it may be too late to get it quickly, not saying don't try though. The reason they are about to have another shipping delay is because of the Chinese New Year and they sent an email saying that production would be severely slowed.

Amazon now says 2-5 week shipping and some amazon resellers have lowered their price and have them in stock. eBay has several at just a bit over the normal price.

The latest shipments may not be as soon as the web site shows.

I sent an email to DJI asking if my 1/16/2017 order would be shipped prior to the Chinese New Year. DJI's response is attached. They did not answer my question, and their response makes me wonder if they will live up to their web site promise of shipping within 5 - 7 days of payment acceptance.

Attachments

• [United States][Mavic]Mavic shipping date.pdf
    181 KB · Views: 12
just ordered mine today, let's see if we both get ours before the new year........

For those that can't wait. Just found this.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.PNG
    IMG_0451.PNG
    901.6 KB · Views: 23
New mavic owner here (and 1st time camera drone owner too). I chose to buy mine from Florida Drone Supply. They ship same day, and have been helpful to deal with before and after sale. Michael even replies to my emails after hours.

I also forgot to activate my DJI Care code in the 1st 48 hours and FDS was able to get my 48 hour clock reset!

A++ in my book.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada