DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to Repair Mavic Air?

Scampcamp

Reactions
My brother's Mavic Air got some damage from falling from a palm tree in Huntington Beach, Ca.

He didn't have Insurance. He said there was a place an hour from him which does repairs & had good reviews.

The drone still flys fine but he said the camera/gimbal acts like it has the cover is still on... doesn't move... seems as if is stuck.

Would sending it to DJI or that place that's an hour away be a better ide20190817_112019.jpga?.... or trying to repair it himself?

I attached a picture.

Thanks for any help.

If he knows how to repair DJI drones or would prefer to repair the damage himself, replacement parts can be found online. I keep a list of many Mavic Air replacement parts here.

If he wants someone else to do the work, then sending it to DJI or another repair shop would be a good idea. I'm not sure which repair shop he's considering, but there are some repair shops (like DJI Drone Service) that offer free shipping and free estimates,.

The other concern is coverage for future work. If you're still under warranty or have care refresh, getting repairs done outside of DJI facilities may void one or the other.
I'm not sure how DJI considers factory trained independent repair centers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User