DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which is best?

That doesn't clear anything up.
Whatever Theme is boasting about, neither Android or Apple runs the app better.
And the app runs equally well on Android 7 or 8 (nougat & oreo).

The Huawei M5 is one of the best tablets you can get for flying with the DJI Go 4 app.
Yes the Chinese will know where he's been flying.

I gave up on androids for drones and went with the Ipad even though I dislike apple I think they work better on the DJI products.
It's repeated posts like this that make people believe this myth.
Apple/Android makes no difference.
The app works just as well on either.
The important thing is that the device has to have a fast enough processor and enough RAM.

Buying a tablet for my MA. Which is the best of these.... Ipad mini 4 or Huawei M5?
As I am an older guy I need a big scren. Happily using for my P3P and MA a Samsung Galaxy S2 8 inch.For MA I have a 'home printed' holder to fix the Tablet with Mavic controller. Both DJI GO and DJi GO4 working well screen resolution 2048 x 1536.
8_inch_tablet_holder_mavic_air.jpg

Last edited:
I have Apple products for my use and am wondering is it easy to use your phone or tablet whichever is best for the situation you are flying in at the time without having connection problems with one or the other devices. I have seen posts where people who have flown their drone using a phone then used a tablet the next time out, but the controller would not recognize their phone and connect. Please excuse me if this has already been answered. I am new and fixing to try my ZOOM for the first time.

Home printed holder? I just bought a holder for my Huawei M5 8.4 tablet and it's useless! Sending it back tomorrow. Looking for a decent holder for my tablet that doesn't obscure the controller or get in the way of the antennas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
As I am an older guy I need a big scren. Happily using for my P3P and MA a Samsung Galaxy S2 8 inch.For MA I have a 'home printed' holder to fix the Tablet with Mavic controller. Both DJI GO and DJi GO4 working well screen resolution 2048 x 1536.
View attachment 75649

Home printed holder? I just bought a holder for my Huawei M5 8.4 tablet and it's useless! Sending it back tomorrow. Looking for a decent holder for my tablet that doesn't obscure the controller or get in the way of the antennas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I own a 3D printer (printing the holder for OSMO Pocket)
20190415_135538.jpg
so I designed and printed it out. Same way I have printed a mobile phone holder for OSMO Pocket which you can hold in hand or mount on tripod. Weight is 42 gramms. Easy, isn't it ? ;)
20190415_154800.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluenoseken
Wow, you folks luxury abilities for observing visual live in flight? I am single tasked on sticks concerned with navigation barely viewing camera feed (map screen). Later on, entertainment screen cast by phone's mp4 offload from drone, the opportunity to scrutinize observe the camera video imagery in magnified detail is more conducive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpg5375