DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which lightning cable would you recommend for a MavMount??

Mavic_Pete

Reactions
Hello!

I bought my first Mavic Pro two weeks ago on the 14th and have been buying accessories and doing my manual reading before I take it for my first flight. I am a big android fan but from my research it seems Apple products work better with DJI Go 4. I am picking up a iPad mini 4 Wifi today and also just purchased a MavMount for the RC to hold the tablet. I am going to need a USB to Lightning cable long enough to connect from the bottom of the RC to the iPad. I have narrowed it down to these 2 cables. Do you guys/gals have any recommendation? Should I go with a straight cable or a 90 degree? I'm guessing both of these options are long enough? Thanks in advance!!

Amazon.com: Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (1ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Double Braided Nylon] for iPhone, iPad and More (Red): Cell Phones & Accessories

DJI Mavic Pro - Custom Data Cable (30cm) - For Apple Devices

In my experience, you can't go wrong with Anker products.

Thanks for the reply! My only concern is since it is not a 90 degree will the stress of the cable bending to try and form a 90 degree angle cause it to break or become faulty overtime?

Reactions: tawfikb
Possibly, but they're pretty tough cables.

I guess it comes down to whether you need the 90-degree bend in your situation.

I have a cable with a 90-degree bend for when I'm using my Galaxy S5 smartphone because the cable sticks out into the palm of my hand on the controller. But when I use my full-size iPad, I have an Anker cable without the bend because I'm not worried about holding the edge of the iPad and the cable isn't in my way. In that application I went with an Anker cable because I've found them to be more reliable than other brands.

Of course, as cheap as any of these cables are, you can experiment, and if one of them wears out quickly you're not out a lot of money.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Thanks guys! Ordering the Anker cable. Like you said salty it's only $12 so if it fails me over time I'll buy another or try the 90 degree.

the last I bought was also Anker. why do they call it 'lightning'? it doesn't seem any faster than USB2.

Yep, it's Apple's trademark for their type of connector, which is exclusive to them.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk