DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which phone should I use with M2P controller?

Rsaurage

Reactions
I have both a Samsung Galaxy 6 (my old phone) and a iPhone X which is my current phone. I have read that the DJI app is more compatible with iPhone but not sure what the downside is when using Samsung. My intentions were to use the Samsung as a dedicated display for the M2P. It has been reset to factory settings and the only installed apps are the DJI Go 4 app and what ever comes on the phone by default.

So my question is this... Which phone would be best to use with the M2P controller?

BTW... The Samsung does not have a sim card so no cellular service. It would be used via Wi-Fi by connecting to my iPhone hotspot. The iPhone has cellular and Wi-Fi but is loaded down with other apps. Not sure if receiving a call or notifications while in flight causes any issues. Does it?

These are all pre-flight questions because I won't receive the M2P until next Friday and my only drone experience is with the Hubsan H501S which has a dedicated display and does not use a phone.

Thanks

Reactions: 77ricco
I use my S9+ and love it. Its not a dedicated drone device, it also serves as my comm and email device.

I have decided that flying drones and my daily life require me to have the latest in devices, and Samsung has always been there to do the job. I was an Apple user for 8 years, but never got used to the one button life. I like my 3 buttons!

Which phone would be best to use with the M2P controller?
You can find a list of supported and recommended phones here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

Not sure if receiving a call or notifications while in flight causes any issues. Does it?
The drone is flown with the remote controller. So, your flight won't be interrupted if you receive a phone call, DJI GO crashes, your phone shuts off, etc. If you don't want to be distracted by phone calls, you can enable airplane mode before starting your flight.

Reactions: Rsaurage
I use my S9+ and love it. Its not a dedicated drone device, it also serves as my comm and email device.

I have decided that flying drones and my daily life require me to have the latest in devices, and Samsung has always been there to do the job. I was an Apple user for 8 years, but never got used to the one button life. I like my 3 buttons!

On the latest iPhones there is no button! It’s definitely not the easiest thing to get used to... The problem I found is that where you press on the screen (which acts as the home button) is right where the controller clamps to the phone.

On the latest iPhones there is no button! It’s definitely not the easiest thing to get used to... The problem I found is that where you press on the screen (which acts as the home button) is right where the controller clamps to the phone.
Yes if you use the claws of the controller to hold your device. I used an extender for my device and I don't have that problem with the home button getting hidden.

61gRYJadPwL._SX425_.jpeg

I have both a Samsung Galaxy 6 (my old phone) and a iPhone X which is my current phone. I have read that the DJI app is more compatible with iPhone but not sure what the downside is when using Samsung. My intentions were to use the Samsung as a dedicated display for the M2P. It has been reset to factory settings and the only installed apps are the DJI Go 4 app and what ever comes on the phone by default.

So my question is this... Which phone would be best to use with the M2P controller?

BTW... The Samsung does not have a sim card so no cellular service. It would be used via Wi-Fi by connecting to my iPhone hotspot. The iPhone has cellular and Wi-Fi but is loaded down with other apps. Not sure if receiving a call or notifications while in flight causes any issues. Does it?

These are all pre-flight questions because I won't receive the M2P until next Friday and my only drone experience is with the Hubsan H501S which has a dedicated display and does not use a phone.

Thanks
I'd recommend sticking to your Samsung S6 as a dedicated phone. I m sure it can run dji go4 beautifully... Ive got a Samsung note 8 as my daily smart and it runs greatly djigo4 but as it is my day to day phone I still prefered buying a much cheaper Lenovo 8 note to use as a dedicated device and it has not failed me at all. I'm pretty happy for choosing to use a dedicated device...

Reactions: Former Member
I'd recommend sticking to your Samsung S6 as a dedicated phone. I m sure it can run dji go4 beautifully...
It would at least be worth a try before buying something new. When installed using these tips, the performance might be just fine.

Reactions: 77ricco

GS9+ is a great phone with a bright screen

I'd recommend sticking to your Samsung S6 as a dedicated phone. I m sure it can run dji go4 beautifully... Ive got a Samsung note 8 as my daily smart and it runs greatly djigo4 but as it is my day to day phone I still prefered buying a much cheaper Lenovo 8 note to use as a dedicated device and it has not failed me at all. I'm pretty happy for choosing to use a dedicated device...
My S6 was randomly disconnecting and was lagging. Very happy with iPhone x at the moment. Still love andoid, but Apple just works better with dji for me.

Reactions: Rsaurage
My S6 was randomly disconnecting and was lagging. Very happy with iPhone x at the moment. Still love andoid, but Apple just works better with dji for me.
Weird, is your usb port clean? have you restored your phone to factory settings? It should work greatly. What Android is it running?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu