DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which tablet ?

Tinkerbell

Reactions
Hi, I'm fairly new to flying my Mavic Pro and haven't lost it yet! However, I'm finding the iphone 6 screen a bit small. I was wondering about buying an Amazon Fire 10 Full HD but understand DJI don't like them for some reason. Is this latest Fire compatible and what other tablets are others using with no issues please?

Noob here also with an MP. I'm using the latest Amazon Fire HD 8 with a mount. It works fine although ideally the screen would be a bit brighter.

So I'm pretty new to all of this. I keep finding contradictory information on tablets. Will the Mavic Pro be fully functional if the RC is connected to an iPad 4 mini that has 3G but does not have a cellular connection? In other words, I'd like to use the iPad, but there is no way that I am adding another cell line. So is is fully functional, or what, if any limitations will I encounter?
Thanks in advance.

Will the Mavic Pro be fully functional if the RC is connected to an iPad 4 mini that has 3G but does not have a cellular connection?
Yes. You just won't be able to use any features that require being connected to the Internet (e.g. downloading maps in real-time or live streaming to YouTube).

Doesn't it need the map to show my AC on the screen in the corner?
If you're not going to be connected to the Internet while out flying, you can cache the maps in DJI GO like this while in a location that has Internet access. Or you can fly without the maps if you don't need to see them.

Hi, I'm fairly new to flying my Mavic Pro and haven't lost it yet! However, I'm finding the iphone 6 screen a bit small. I was wondering about buying an Amazon Fire 10 Full HD but understand DJI don't like them for some reason. Is this latest Fire compatible and what other tablets are others using with no issues please?
A question for you, if I may:
What iOS and GO4 version are you running?
Are you having any problems with the DJI App, like CPU utilization messages, lagging response to commands, or video corruption?

Has someone used their phone as a hot spot, then used a wifi only tablet connected to the phone for the maps, or is that not possible?
I'm considering getting a wifi only ipad mini 4, but would prefer an android if I had confidence in one. The S3 is 100 more than the mini, and I would pay it if I thought the oled was brighter than the mini.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Has someone used their phone as a hot spot, then used a wifi only tablet connected to the phone for the maps
Yes, that'll work. The hot spot will give you the Internet connection you need to download the maps.

I am new to this site and don't know how to ask a question
When I am trying to film with my DJI Mavic Pro the screen doesn't show the true colors.
It look like a pale blue color
Can you help me with this
Thanks

Hey Brian, choose a section (general discussion, etc) at the top there should be a button to start a new thread. I'm kind of a noob, but I would think you should make sure your device is up to par because some phones and tablets can't keep up. Or your settings for pictures are not set right . Good luck.

Does GSP support the Mavic?

It supports the Mavic Pro that I have using an iPad Air 2. People have asked the question about Mavic compatibility in other threads because DJI doesn't appear to have updated their site to reflect new compatibility. Some other areas talk about it, too like Heliguy's Guide to the DJI Ground Station Pro App | Heliguy and Syonyk's Project Blog: DJI Mavic Pro: The Missing Handbook: Waypoints. The last thread I read seemed to say that it isn't compatible with the Mavic Air, yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000