DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which tablets for Mavic mini.

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi all
I have looked on here about suitable tablets for the mavic mini. Has as anybody got any other recommendations as I am not sure if I can get hold of the onn 8 from wallmart that was mentioned as I am in the UK . Is it just iPads that are suitable. Also does it have to be a tablet that is also a phone. Does the process of flying use data. There is a lenova e7 from pc world that's cheap .would that or any other inexpensive tablets work as I am on a budget. Any help here would be great .

Hi all
I have looked on here about suitable tablets for the mavic mini. Has as anybody got any other recommendations as I am not sure if I can get hold of the onn 8 from wallmart that was mentioned as I am in the UK . Is it just iPads that are suitable. Also does it have to be a tablet that is also a phone. Does the process of flying use data. There is a lenova e7 from pc world that's cheap .would that or any other inexpensive tablets work as I am on a budget. Any help here would be great .
Would a Samsung Tab A be suitable my wife has one but I can't find the dji fly app on there . Does this mean it is not supported on there

Hi all
I am using a 9.7 inch Samsung Galaxy S3....not a cheap tablet though.

Reactions: Craig Notts
Went with the iPad Mini 5. Great visuals while flying, and it's very fast for editing your vids once you get used to the smaller screen size or tethered to a monitor. I use LumaFusion for editing on it. My PC is great for editing my stills in Photoshop and Lightroom, but tanks when trying to render vids. Good luck with whatever you choose!

I set up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (MODEL SM-T290) for a friend. Works well and one of the least expensive ones. It's an 8 inch tablet with wifi (no cell) and 2gb ram. The Fly app is downloaded from DJI not the app store and installs easily. It has to be a North American model SM-T290 that has ARM 8 and the 64 bit Qualcomm processor. An important note is that the DJI Fly app needs the processor to have ARM 8 and not all 64 bit processors have it. The other DJI apps don't need the ARM 8 to run but DJI Fly does and that's why many tablets don't work with the mini.

Reactions: DorJammer
I set up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (MODEL SM-T290) for a friend. Works well and one of the least expensive ones. It's an 8 inch tablet with wifi (no cell) and 2gb ram. The Fly app is downloaded from DJI not the app store and installs easily. It has to be a North American model SM-T290 that has ARM 8 and the 64 bit Qualcomm processor. An important note is that the DJI Fly app needs the processor to have ARM 8 and not all 64 bit processors have it. The other DJI apps don't need the ARM 8 to run but DJI Fly does and that's why many tablets don't work with the mini.
You have been a great help there mate. That explains all that I needed to know. If only the guy from the official dji support center that I got in touch with had given me 10% of the info that you have... All he did was give me a list of compatible phones to use despite me asking about suitable tablets. Big thumbs up ??

I ordered the tablet from Amazon yesterday and amazingly it arrives today! Will let you know how it all works out,

Reactions: koda
I ordered the tablet from Amazon yesterday and amazingly it arrives today! Will let you know how it all works out,
Hi there, I’m a new member and came across this post. I’m looking for a cheaper tablet also. How does the Samsung tab 8 work? Thanks

Hi there, I’m a new member and came across this post. I’m looking for a cheaper tablet also. How does the Samsung tab 8 work? Thanks

I am very pleased with the results. I use my drone for building envelope surveys and the tablet helps my old eyes position the drone to get excellent photos of the specific defects I am documenting. Much much easier then using my mobile phone. This also frees up the phone so it can be used while flying.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I am very pleased with the results. I use my drone for building envelope surveys and the tablet helps my old eyes position the drone to get excellent photos of the specific defects I am documenting. Much much easier then using my mobile phone. This also frees up the phone so it can be used while flying.

Here is an example of one of the project I am working on:

Attachments

• DJI_0088.JPG
    DJI_0088.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deluxone