DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which to purchase? MP or MPP

Scott Bee

Reactions
I am new to the DJI family and will be purchasing a new Mavic but have a dilemma on which model to go with. The Mavic Pro or Platinum?

The difference is around $180 at Adorama right now on the 2 kits I am looking at. Is the Platinum really worth the additional cost? I am not concerned about the small additional flight time or the look of it.

Rather, are the updated ESCs and quieter operation worth it (even updating the props on the MP it appears to be slightly louder than the MPP)?

I guess my question is does the MP have any issues that the MPP resolved?

Any other advice on which to buy is appreciated!

I have the MP, I upgraded to the low-noise props, it is a lot quieter. With the updated ESC's you will get a couple more minutes flight time... is it worth the extra... ehh no IMHO. For $20 get the props spend the extra on batteries / accessories.

Reactions: MadValley
I really prefer the MPP over the MP solely for the sound difference. It truly is a much quieter aircraft. Besides that, they are near identical.

I have the MPP and really like it. As mentioned batteries fit both, even look good on each other. But I didn't get the bundle. I didn't like the selections in it so I got all my accessories individually over time, the ones I really preferred. For instance I saw no need for the hub or charging more than one at a time. And I got a really nice shoulder bag for a very reasonable price. MPP or MP ??? It's up to you. I don't see that much difference. I still hear my drone albeit at a lower frequency. They are fine machines.

At this point I would wait to see if the March release rumors about the Mavic Pro II are true. I'd hate to drop the money only to have a seriously upgraded model come out in less than a month.

Even if you don't buy the II you might see price drops on the current models.

Let’s not forget that the source of the MP2 rumour actually says “estimated between Late March and June”

Let’s not forget that the source of the MP2 rumour actually says “estimated between Late March and June”
Yes, but, even as adults, it is SO HARD to delay gratification. Wait, there's also a saying "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

Reactions: frogbmth
I only flew my MPP and a P3P but I’m not sorry for buying the MPP is the cost worth a few minutes and quieter flights? To me yes. I would go with what your heart tells you they are basically the same besides those 2 points and the Paint Scheme on them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_