DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White Pocket, Az

Bryan L

Reactions
We don't make videos based solely on drone footage, preferring instead a mix of ground and aerial material. (We're also fairly new at drone shooting.) This video is a visit to White Pocket, in a remote corner of Vermilion Cliffs Nat'l Monument. Since this area is administered by the BLM, drone flying is legal and we saw several during our stay.

White Pocket (Link)

The area is moderately difficult to access. 4-wheel drive, some ground clearance, and off-road skill is required. Even jeeps get stuck out there on occasion.

Since this video is fairly representative of our 'style', we'd be interested in any comments, reaction, suggestions, etc. Yes, the music is legal.

Last edited:
Loved the trips to White Pocket and Point Sublime.
Thanks, PixelM. Point Sublime would be a killer place to get some drone footage, but being in a National Park... just have to do without. High on our list of places to go back to.

We don't make videos based solely on drone footage, preferring instead a mix of ground and aerial material. (We're also fairly new at drone shooting.) This video is a visit to White Pocket, in a remote corner of Vermilion Cliffs Nat'l Monument. Since this area is administered by the BLM, drone flying is legal and we saw several during our stay.

White Pocket (Link)

The area is moderately difficult to access. 4-wheel drive, some ground clearance, and off-road skill is required. Even jeeps get stuck out there on occasion.

Since this video is fairly representative of our 'style', we'd be interested in any comments, reaction, suggestions, etc. Yes, the music is legal.
Bryan, I really enjoyed your video as most of the still shots were very tastefully done. I really liked the lead in with the tall shadows from overhead! I think the music worked perfectly and I liked having the voice over. Perhaps it's my computer but some of the drone pans were not very smooth so if it's just my machine forget about that criticism! All in all nicely done. PS As a geologist I really enjoyed seeing the cross bedded sandstones!

Reactions: Bryan L
Wonderful. Well done. Makes me feel like I'm there.
I can see this on PBS or other networks.
Some of the drone clips, mostly the vertical views ie; 3:42 experienced a rhythmic drop frame / 'bump-bump' choppiness.
Maybe your NLE or the quality of the data card. It feels like something isn't quite keeping up.
The voice-over could be just a bit brighter/richer. I use Premiere Pro and there are some great controls in there.
Take a look at
Thoughts?
Keep up the great work!

Bryan, I really enjoyed your video as most of the still shots were very tastefully done. I really liked the lead in with the tall shadows from overhead! I think the music worked perfectly and I liked having the voice over. Perhaps it's my computer but some of the drone pans were not very smooth so if it's just my machine forget about that criticism! All in all nicely done. PS As a geologist I really enjoyed seeing the cross bedded sandstones!
I think you're probably right about the pans - still learning! Tossed a lot of really bad stuff, too. We were really looking to avoid too-fast pans and I think on most of them we discovered the difficulty of maintaining a constant rate of turn. We'd start out fine, and then realize the pan was getting faster and faster. But thank you for the kind words.

Yeah, the geology of this and other places on the Paria Plateau is just amazing -- glad you could appreciate it!

Wonderful. Well done. Makes me feel like I'm there.
I can see this on PBS or other networks.
Some of the drone clips, mostly the vertical views ie; 3:42 experienced a rhythmic drop frame / 'bump-bump' choppiness.
Maybe your NLE or the quality of the data card. It feels like something isn't quite keeping up.
The voice-over could be just a bit brighter/richer. I use Premiere Pro and there are some great controls in there.
Take a look at
Thoughts?
Keep up the great work!
Thank you, LenSavage for your comments. Yes, I think it might be my data cards -- gotta admit, they're not as new as they might be. There was one segment that seemed to be a little soft on the focus as well. On the voice-over, we're learning! We used to use Adobe Audition with Premiere Pro, but finally got enraged enough by the subscription bit to drop it and switch to Davinci. There's some good stuff in there as well, but as I said, we're still learning. Appreciate the comments and suggestions very much!

That's a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Bryan L
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest