DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who are you ?

Which category fits you.

• I am a RECREATIONAL Drone Pilot-flyer

• I am a Commercial Drone Pilot ( part 107 )

• I am a Recreational Pilot, but got the Part 107 just to be cool, and to do extra stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because I'm a photographer and a drone is the best camera (flying tripod) for landscape and architecture photography (exteriors), whether if it lands on professional or recreational only time will tell and no hand held camera can ever come close to what you can achieve by just having the ability to put the camera in any point of the three-dimensional space.

As a photographer you keep doing photos and training even when nobody is paying those specific photos, but all the work you do end up being stock work, even if you where flying recreationally in that particular moment.

Although in Spain there are still differences between recreational/professional in some scenarios, European legislation don't make a difference anymore. I have A1/A3 and A2, but it's pointless in Spain at this moment because drones are forbidden between the lines and flying legally is basically drive 50Km to do some circles over your head in the middle of nowhere.

Appart from that, flying drones is fun because it's like playing Flight Simulator with the graphics and physics of the year 3.022.

Last edited:
Reactions: kalimah and Jam0ne
I was a regular recreational drone enthusiast, that was until all the lockdowns. I had so much time to practice that I've made it into a commercial enterprise

Reactions: Jam0ne
I'm Baba Yega but fly 107 for my company one of 6 of us with the 107 who share 2 new Air2 and one older Air that's currently in the repair shop

I wanted to fly, so I first thought of turning a spare bedroom into a 'cockpit' for Microsoft Pilot. But the cost of upgrading my laptop to a gaming PC & 3 large monitors etc. was intimidating. A friend taught me to fly his DJI Phantom a few years ago, but I was not impressed with battery-life, which was a 10-15 minutes at the time, or it's cost. I looked at DJI drones again & saw the price & read the specs of the Mini 2. A little research showed the area where I lived (Maricopa County in Arizona) was mostly restricted airspace EXCEPT for Tonto National Forest, about a half-hour drive away. which allows drones under FAA rules, so that's where I fly. Strictly recreational, but not exactly a relaxing pass time, that's for sure!

I Drone because……

Since I was a young boy I’ve always had dreams of flying like a bird I would imagine myself what the world would look like above looking down. Now 52 years later I finally get that opportunity to fly in the direction I want the way I want (within the FAA rules and guidelines) and see my world from a different perspective…. For 20 minutes at a time I feel some sense of freedom….

Long time hobby landscape photographer (59 years) and I wanted a camera/tripod that could fly. Still recreational but wanted to know more about etiquette in the sky so I got my Pt. 107. I am retired and wish to stay that way.

Long time hobby landscape photographer (59 years) and I wanted a camera/tripod that could fly. Still recreational but wanted to know more about etiquette in the sky so I got my Pt. 107. I am retired and wish to stay that way.
Than do ya old goat 😝

I drone because....
Rec pilot, mainly because of the compactness of my MPP & mini2 over my larger rc models.
Video/photography are also two of my many interests and I’ve also found to be good icebreaker.

Reactions: Barbara and Jam0ne
I Drone because……

Since I was a young boy I’ve always had dreams of flying like a bird I would imagine myself what the world would look like above looking down. Now 52 years later I finally get that opportunity to fly in the direction I want the way I want (within the FAA rules and guidelines) and see my world from a different perspective…. For 20 minutes at a time I feel some sense of freedom….
Exactly why I got into the hobby. It gives a sense of freedom, I've never felt before.

Reactions: Jam0ne and kalimah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne