DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who are you ?

Which category fits you.

• I am a RECREATIONAL Drone Pilot-flyer

• I am a Commercial Drone Pilot ( part 107 )

• I am a Recreational Pilot, but got the Part 107 just to be cool, and to do extra stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I drone because....
I don’t have wings 😀
Recreational ,that and there is no one in this area to want to pay.
But as much as I read here over the years other than the maps
i beleave I could pass the test if I took it.

I drone because....
I got the FPV because I used to be a full time hang glider pilot and the FPV was as close to being "superman" as I have seen since my days running off cliffs. I also do a lot of photography and videography so I then grabbed a Mavic 3 and a Mini 3 Pro. I'm waiting for a Mavic 4 with a true optical zoom lens. THAT is my wish list.

I am a recreational pilot. I fly my drone most often out of boredom. But I also just like the view I get. Its a view of the world you just can't get from the ground. I also like to survey my neighborhood for any unusual activity or police activity. Sometimes I look for police speed traps on the nearby 55mph highway nearby. Yeah, I can't alert anyone, but it's just interesting to know where their hiding spots are.

recreational ,it gets me out of the house and into the fresh air ,and allows me to see things that would not be possible without the drone,and i really enjoy looking back over my saved pics and videos ,when the weather prevents me from flying

Good morning to all-

I fly because my drone allows me to see things that I can't see from my land-level point of view. I learn a great deal about the world around me from a drone's view.
I also use some of the photos I drone-shoot in my magazine articles- gives a really helpful bird's eye view of water and beaches.
I fly because it's fun and because it's fun. That's enough for me.

good day to all- Ed

Recreational. I was a corporate pilot for many years flying all types of aircraft. Taken numerous FAA written exams and I can’t count the number of check rides. Part 107 is not on my bucket list. I just enjoy flying the drones as an extension of my photography hobby.

Just love to fly, anywhere really. I very much enjoy the challenges of flying well but make sure I relax (even after a few hundred flights) and still marvel at the MA2s ability to stay in the air and respond to my sticks. A bit pathetic but hope you know what I mean.

Rec pilot for now, But studying for the Part 107 test. Plan to take test in Sept once I can pay the test fee.
I have a Drone meet up up in TN twords the end of August, and not sure what gas prices will do by then, and my truck costs about $100.00 to $120.00 per tank and will take full tank to drive to meet up event, and a full tank to get home. plus food etc. So yeah Sept for the test...LOL

I drone because....
I love anything that flies. Model aircraft (control line) as a child. Then a friend took me up in his aerobatic rated airplane. I was hooked. Got a private pilot's license at 17. (No longer current) A number of years ago got a toy drone, just for fun. As is inevitable, that led to bigger drones and the rest is history. It also helps that it ties together my more recent interests in video and photography in a neat little bundle.

I drone because....
just for me. I do commercial stuff for the company I work for (construction) but it's minimal. The Part 107 is just to keep me clear of any 'entanglements' . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne