DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who bought? :) I just ordered mine.

Yes I would like to upgrade but the costs are prohibitive. Here in Ireland the MP2 is 1450 Euro thats about $1700. Last August I got my MP original from B&H, free shipping to my cousin in Colorado who was coming to Ireland, I paid $900 (E800). This does void the warranty but I saved almost 400 euro. The MP is a beast even in Irish winds, battery is still good. The 1inch sensor MP2 defo knocks the thoughts of a P4 Pro on the head. I fly a lot but no taking a lot of videos so for the moment I'm good, will leave it at least 12 months. As Jon Snow says "Winter is coming"!! so flight time will be getting limited.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Instead of Tuesday, it is only minutes away from delivery today!

paZCMSy.png

I've had no luck getting it connected. On my LG G6, it would not connect. On my Fire HD8 it would connect, but FAIL to register-- 500 server error from DJI. On my Fire HD10 it would not launch the app.

I've had no luck getting it connected. On my LG G6, it would not connect. On my Fire HD8 it would connect, but FAIL to register-- 500 server error from DJI. On my Fire HD10 it would not launch the app.
It could be new toy server overload, similar problems when Mavic pro eventually started shipping.
I have capitulated and ordered a 2Pro from DigitalRev :eek:

It must be very annoying to the DJI dealers that they have not even gotten any demo units yet. DJI is holding back the units the dealers have ordered in order to pocket the dealer margin while Corp is delivering units directly. If I was a dealer, I would not be a happy camper.

All three batteries are queued for charging now on the charging hub (one day earlier than planned)...

Shipping container (with M2Pro and Fly-More inside) ...

1PbDZgK.jpg

Mavic 2 Pro and M2 Fly-More packaging ...

mwb5OCY.jpg

It must be very annoying to the DJI dealers that they have not even gotten any demo units yet. DJI is holding back the units the dealers have ordered in order to pocket the dealer margin while Corp is delivering units directly. If I was a dealer, I would not be a happy camper.

DJI appears to be shipping units individually from China based on most of the posts I've seen, that can't be cheap. I don't think it's so much that they are holding back as much as the slow boat with bulk quantities is still en-route. They'd be eating it twice if they air-shipped quantities to dealers and then took a hit on margin. Granted, I'm sure maximum profit is also a motive to some degree.

Ok, after a ton of technical difficulties-- I couldn't get it to connect with my phone-- I did manage to get the initial connection with my Kindle Fire HD8. My phone refused to connect. Then after getting it connected, the Fire refused to update the firmware. But then I was able to use my phone (LG G6) to connect and it worked. Firmware updating now. Seems to be a large firmware update. As always, don't fly without GPS, compass calibration, or updated firmware.

DJI appears to be shipping units individually from China based on most of the posts I've seen, that can't be cheap. I don't think it's so much that they are holding back as much as the slow boat with bulk quantities is still en-route. They'd be eating it twice if they air-shipped quantities to dealers and then took a hit on margin. Granted, I'm sure maximum profit is also a motive to some degree.

It seems like most are reporting them coming from DJI in California. Just the same, I am sure the dealers would want theirs positioned at DJI California before the launch.

Ordered on Thursday evening and today she arrived, from China no less! Props to DJI for being prepared for this new product launch. Stocked to put her through some paces in the morning! IMG_0583.JPG

I flew 7.5 miles today with my M2P. Having only flown Phantom 4's over the past two years (with an iPad), this smaller controller with my iPhone 7Plus takes some getting used to.

Overall, it was a fun day!

Woohoo, expected mine tomorrow AM, but got notification this morning it was out for delivery today, and Fed-Ex pulled up 15 minutes later!

Now to charge batteries, update firmware, and find a break from work to go fly this afternoon :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d