DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has taken the Part 107 test ?

Oh, and if you're curious on how I studied:

No paid courses. I watched the Tony Northrup YouTube video (a great intro, and mostly right answers even if occasionally for the wrong reasons). Honestly, if you're at all logically minded, you could probably eke out a passing grade just with that alone. I read the FAA study guide. I read the J. Rupprecht Law study guide. I searched around online for sample tests (with great questions beyond the FAA's sample 40). I read and highlighted Part 107 cover-to-cover (plus related CFR areas as needed). I spent a lot of time staring at sectional charts, especially hunting for edge cases. In the AIM and PHAK, I went deep into areas that felt appropriate: weather, performance, weight & balance, ADM, CRM, Risk, and Airport Operations (especially radio, traffic patterns and runways). The AIM, PHAK and study guide had a lot of overlapping or redundant information, but it was good. And I made my own study notes to refresh before the exam.

Some of the exam questions were surprising: some subjects that I felt were very important weren't covered at all, while some areas (like CRM) were beaten to death with questions that felt almost identical to each other.

I took it a couple of weeks ago. I didn't study at all but I was an Air Traffic Controller back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Nothing has changed much. I passed and have my Temp Cert. Now I'm waiting for my Cert #. Anybody know how long that takes?

I took it a couple of weeks ago. I didn't study at all but I was an Air Traffic Controller back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Nothing has changed much. I passed and have my Temp Cert. Now I'm waiting for my Cert #. Anybody know how long that takes?
It took me five weeks from temporary certificate to plastic.

king school , passed but it took 37 days to study . about 2 hours every other day

I passed just this morning. 93%. I bought the ASA Prep Ware book on Amazon for $16 and the same companies app for $4.99. Studied for a few weeks and passed. Although like many people will say, lots of questions worded completely differently than any of the prep quizzes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002