DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is responsible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I saw a drone flying 8 feet above water with my daughter in a swimsuit below, I'd shoot it with a water gun too. Probably too close to people there imo :)

Does it matter? It's a kid!
We would all have done the same thing at that age. Your never going to receive payment for damages and I assume your not looking for it anyway.

Two not so obvious things to avoid when flying.
Kids with anything in their hands like balls or sticks etc. and secondly dogs. Dogs will go after your drone like it's a flying T-Bone steak.

Rob

Does it matter? It's a kid!
We would all have done the same thing at that age. Your never going to receive payment for damages and I assume your not looking for it anyway.

Two not so obvious things to avoid when flying.
Kids with anything in their hands like balls or sticks etc. and secondly dogs. Dogs will go after your drone like it's a flying T-Bone steak.

Rob
Looked like a 14 year old if you ask me.

To clarify, I knew all but the girl who fired the water cannon (one of the girls dad is my friend and has a Mavic also).
And if my kid did that I would be paying for any damage. I guess I am one of the minorities who take responsibility for my child's actions.

I guess I am one of the minorities who take responsibility for my child's actions.

I am one of those who takes responsibility for my own actions.

As others have pointed out, there is absolutely no surprise that something like this would have happened. It's a clear risk. You took that risk.

So if your kid damaged someones property you would not take care of it???

Legally I'd say the parents of the minor would be liable for their daughters actions. However... they could certainly raise a decent defense. They _could_ say that the drone had been harassing the girls, was hovering directly over their and they felt it posed the threat of harm, etc. I'm _not_ saying this is what was being done... only that they could claim this as a legal defense if needed. This is not addressing you asking or being offered money for any damages as this not what you asked about.

Since the guy knew the other two girls, id say that it would be the other girls parents that are liable. The guy obviously wasn't harassing them since he knew the other two and they don't look mad or frantic that there's a drone above them. The Girl was just being irresponsible, as most kids are but still, the parents in my opinion are liable for damages done by the irresponsible child.

Reactions: Vilco
In this case I think your responsible. Are you really surprised a child playing in the water would try to splash or shoot with a water gun while at the beach? You kinda set yourself up there. The fact that she was able to hit your mavic with a water gun means you were wayyyyy too close from a safety standpoint regardless of any damage to your drone.

Reactions: Rbruz and LongRifle
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven