DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who knows te perfect foam cut template I should use for a DJI FPV?

romainhuon514

Reactions
Hi,
I'm looking for help getting a good online tool to design a foam template for hard case for my new DJI FPV. Is there any templates available.
I'm looking for small form factor but that still has all accessories.
It could be for Pelican case or other type of hard case.

Any one who could point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm looking for help getting a good online tool to design a foam template for my new DJI FPV. Is there any templates available.

Thanks
Not sure this is what your looking for but we did make the Crash Jackets and made the battery Water Proof.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to protect your FPV and fly in the Rain and Land on Water.

Not sure this is what your looking for but we did make the Crash Jackets and made the battery Water Proof.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to protect your FPV and fly in the Rain and Land on Water.
Sorry, I think I was not clear enough in my question. I was actually talking about a foam template for a hard transport case like Pelican case or other. I will edit my question, but thanks for your time!

Hello from the Crossroads of America romainhuon514.

This site builds custom foam for cases.

You might also do a search on the web for the foam inserts that will fit your existing case.

I have found inserts for the Nanuk cases in the past.

The inserts are half the price of the case if you already have something close to use.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: romainhuon514
Awesome thanks

Reactions: MA2 317
Hi,
I'm looking for help getting a good online tool to design a foam template for hard case for my new DJI FPV. Is there any templates available.

Thanks
Check out the nanuk DJI fpv 935 on Amazon it fits everything

Keep in mind when designing your template a few considerations. The FPV drone does not fold and neither do the props. That means likely you'll want to design the template for the drone with the props removed (like the hard case I bought). I would much prefer, however, if the template was designed for the drone with the props installed. Now I'm forced to remove and re-attach the props whenever I put everything in the case.

The drawback is that you'll waste a lot of space in the foam template with 4 props mounted verses 1 slot for 4/8 props and the drone with the props removed.

Same thing for the Goggles, save space with removing the 4 antenna or use up space for convenience.

My case came pre-allocated and requires me to remove all the props and antenna. I would rather have bought a larger case that allowed the props and antenna to stay mounted. That would make it a pretty large case, however. The case I have is already pretty large ( 7x13x16 inches). On the plus side, this case does fit the FPV drone, Goggles, Std. Controller, Motion controller, 12 props, 3 batteries, and All the cables including the charging station. These cases really need a separate pocket to store cables. I don't like having to wind them up tight and stuff them in holes they weren't really designed for.. I think I can modify the upper foam and put in a cable pocket instead pretty easily.

Hi,

Thanks
even i m looking for the same one? Do you have got anything with foam template for the dji fpv drone case? Please I hope you don't mind sharing it. Please contact me via Conversation on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters