DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems DJI has trouble with consistency of quality of their products. My Mavic has been nothing but problems. Ended up buying a non-DJI drone to get consistent performance for my professional endeavors
There are duds with every product. That's what warranties are for, but for some reason people prefer moaning than getting things fixed nowadays.

Reactions: Gp™
There are duds with every product. That's what warranties are for, but for some reason people prefer moaning than getting things fixed nowadays.

If you bought a Non DJI drone then why are you here? To spread the word and warn others of the worst drone in the world, the MAVIC? [emoji24][emoji24]

Reactions: Gp™
Can't even link the goggles to my Mavic, can't find any type of linking options on the controller. Instructions say to link you go to Tools, settings, linking settings, but I cant find anything called Tools anywhere. Manual is EXTREMELY lacking! So... Goggles are for sale. I can kinda see the display, but it not very good quality (blurry) and there doesn't seem to be the ability to link to a Mavic. Make offer.

I just got the Moverio 300 bt goggles and absolutely love them. Easy setup, very clear, light weighted, portable and of course expensive.

Reactions: Izwong
Cadillac is a great car, but because Noone is perfect including technology which is created by humans. I'm grateful to be in this age of technology and if I get a product that has flaws its no biggy.. Patience and warrantee take care of it. The best products on earth have flaws.

Reactions: ZUCSTA and Gp™
Nothing to learn, I didn't know it was a physical button on the Mavic,..."
Tim

YOU yourself posted the following about the linking instructions :
"Press the link Buttons on the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles or enter Tools > Settings > Linking Settings to connect."
Tim
There is nothing ambiguous about that : it clearly states that there are two options. Either use the "link Buttons on the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles" OR use the : Settings menu option.

There's no linking buttons on the Mavic,...
Tim

Yes, there is a linking button on the Mavic - You just couldn't find it, despite it being clearly shown in the Mavic Manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf : Page 36

And the link button on the Goggles is similarly obvious if you read the Goggles manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20170424/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf : Page 4

.. so I'm looking for tools settings linking on the controller but can't find a menu link that.
Tim
I don't have the Googles yet so I don't know what its menu looks like, but I'm sure it has every menu option that DJI claim it has in the Goggles user manual, since the manual (dated April 2017) is still in V 1.0 so it hasn't been changed since you bought your Goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberpower678
I have mine on order and will receive in July. At the moment I am using HeadPlay goggles with the diopters because I wear reading glasses and the HP goggles are amazing!! Like I said I do not have my DJI Goggles as of yet but even after reading every comment in this thread, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM!!! I know that they are going to be superior to the HP goggles and if that is true then I win. If they are not superior to the HeadPlay goggle but just as good then I win because they are not only goggles on your head but a mini computer as well (but they are DJI so I know that they will be superior).

The Moverio glasses are nothing like the Goggles. There is no comparison.

The glasses let tons of light in. The goggles are like sitting in front of a IMAX screen.

They are two different use cases. "no comparison" because they aren't meant to be compared.
The Moverio is an augmented reality "glasses" (Like Google Glass but with binocular displays) that can give you a head-up display of the FPV feed (and DJI Go app) while maintaining visual line of sight with your drone through the glass. So you don't need a spotter to (legally, by FAA rules) use the Moverio.

With the silvered snap on "sunglasses" from Rochester Optical (that came free with the Moverio Drone Edition) I can see the video feed clearly even in bright sunlight (and still see the drone). Light entering the side isn't really an issue for me, but if it was Rochester have now made an enclosure which cuts out light from the sides, and still allows "augmented reality" mode with a removable front flap.

Solitaire Ace 2.0 (for BT-300) » Rochester Optical

The screen is smaller than the Goggles but I wouldn't want it larger when flying solo. I keep the Mavik in view just above the FPV feed and can swap between watching the drone and viewing the FPV feed with very little eye movement and without losing my fix on the drone. When using a phone in the drone controller you lose visual contact with the drone when you look down at the phone to see the video feed, and I often find it really hard to find the drone again in the sky when I look up, when flying the drone far away. With the Moverio I never lose track of it, when it is in 'visual range'.

That said - the DJI Goggle is an awesome bit of kit and I have one ordered. I'll no doubt use it when I have a spotter with me.

Last edited:
Maybe you have undiagnosed binocular vision problems. (convergence issues, etc). Ask your eye Dr about that.

So the questions I have after reading all of this thread are: are the goggles excellent to the point where they exceed your expectations or just OK and yes you can see some pixels.

Are they really a fully immersive VR experience or just a little bit better than holding the phone in a Google Cardboard case?

Are they just a stepping stone to the real model that will be released soon ( M600/M600 Pro style).

Hey look I think we found a picture showing Tim's problem......
(Sorry Tim, hope you don't mind me poking a little fun at ya... I agree the instructions aren't that good but via YouTube I think I knew every switch and button on both the Mavic and the goggles before they arrived from back order). Just for record both my Mavic and goggles have performed flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Offer $110.00 US You pay shipping to 71949 Zip Code.
If I can get my hands on them and make them work, since I already have a pair, I will sell them back to you for $210.00 fixed and ready to go. Turnaround time should be three days at the most.

Last edited:
So the questions I have after reading all of this thread are: are the goggles excellent to the point where they exceed your expectations or just OK and yes you can see some pixels.

Are they really a fully immersive VR experience or just a little bit better than holding the phone in a Google Cardboard case?
They are the "display" HMD with the biggest screen and best image quality you can find. They are NOT VR, the design goals for that are different. They're much more appropriate than a VR set would be for this purpose.

The goggles are fantastic its like you are really there and you can see everything you can fly around trees etc without worry its nothing like flying with your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661