DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even link the goggles to my Mavic, can't find any type of linking options on the controller. Instructions say to link you go to Tools, settings, linking settings, but I cant find anything called Tools anywhere. Manual is EXTREMELY lacking! So... Goggles are for sale. I can kinda see the display, but it not very good quality (blurry) and there doesn't seem to be the ability to link to a Mavic. Make offer.

If they "suck" so bad, you won't mind me offering $50 :)

That unlabeled circle under one of the hoods is a button? It looks like a rubber stop to me. Crappy Chinese manual for sure! A little too "inside baseball" were the manual writers.

Tim

You clearly are just stubborn and impatient, just smash them and let your frustration out.

Reactions: Scott and Gp™
Also if you knew your craft the way you should, you would know exactly where the "link" button is without hesitation.

Why? Never had to use the link button before. Also, the goggle manual ambiguously suggests the link button is in software, not a physical button. Which is why I asked. But also, wanted to express my displeasure over the goggle optics.

Not that hard to understand.

Tim

Last edited:
There are duds with every product. That's what warranties are for, but for some reason people prefer moaning than getting things fixed nowadays.

Can't get the optics of the goggles fixed when it was designed this way. Also, I'd love to have a SINGLE flight where the app doesn't crash. Can't send it back for warranty repair for that either. Basically, you have no idea what you're talking about.

As I said there are people who find solutions and those who just moan. Guess which type I am, pretty obvious which you are.

People have found and posted solutions for both. If you're not happy with them then definitely get rid of the stuff and move on, but certainly moaning won't help.

As I said there are people who find solutions and those who just moan. Guess which type I am, pretty obvious which you are.

People have found and posted solutions for both. If you're not happy with them then definitely get rid of the stuff and move on, but certainly moaning won't help.

Moaning does help, the DJI GO app gets only 2.7 stars and most are moaning over the app crashing constantly. You don't think DJI is aware of this and trying to fix it, because there's so much moaning?

Also, if everyone just drinks the purple Kool-aid and doesn't call out the glaring problems with the goggles, DJI won't release an updated pair that corrects these problems.

Finally, there's a fix for the app crashing constantly? Please share! And there's a fix for the poorly designed optics in the goggles? Please share! Hint, these fixes don't exist, yet, but with enough moaning from enough people, maybe they can be.

You can choose to sit back, shut up, and take it. But I choose to be an activist for the hobby. Your choice.

Tim

Last edited:
Correction, the DJI goggles are like sitting in front of a out of focus IMAX screen with a bunch of heads in front of your view while closing one eye.
The entire screen is perfectly sharp for me. Seems you're concentrating on trying to make them not work instead of just using them.

Cadillac is a great car, but because Noone is perfect including technology which is created by humans. I'm grateful to be in this age of technology and if I get a product that has flaws its no biggy.. Patience and warrantee take care of it. The best products on earth have flaws.
Which are only fixed if enough people complain about the problems. You're welcome.

Tim

YOU yourself posted the following about the linking instructions :

There is nothing ambiguous about that : it clearly states that there are two options. Either use the "link Buttons on the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles" OR use the : Settings menu option.

Yes, there is a linking button on the Mavic - You just couldn't find it, despite it being clearly shown in the Mavic Manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf : Page 36

And the link button on the Goggles is similarly obvious if you read the Goggles manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20170424/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf : Page 4

I don't have the Googles yet so I don't know what its menu looks like, but I'm sure it has every menu option that DJI claim it has in the Goggles user manual, since the manual (dated April 2017) is still in V 1.0 so it hasn't been changed since you bought your Goggles.
YOU yourself posted the following about the linking instructions :

There is nothing ambiguous about that : it clearly states that there are two options. Either use the "link Buttons on the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles" OR use the : Settings menu option.

Yes, there is a linking button on the Mavic - You just couldn't find it, despite it being clearly shown in the Mavic Manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf : Page 36

And the link button on the Goggles is similarly obvious if you read the Goggles manual :
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20170424/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf : Page 4

I don't have the Googles yet so I don't know what its menu looks like, but I'm sure it has every menu option that DJI claim it has in the Goggles user manual, since the manual (dated April 2017) is still in V 1.0 so it hasn't been changed since you bought your Goggles.

I thought the button was in the Mavic SOFTWARE not a physical button. The ambitious part was that is also says "or enter Tools > Settings > Linking Settings to connect." which further made me think it was in a menu on the Mavic software and I was looking for a software button.

I hope I now made this clear for you to understand the confusion and ambiguous nature of the instructions. Now I hope you can result easy that you finally understand.

Tim

I have mine on order and will receive in July. At the moment I am using HeadPlay goggles with the diopters because I wear reading glasses and the HP goggles are amazing!! Like I said I do not have my DJI Goggles as of yet but even after reading every comment in this thread, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM!!! I know that they are going to be superior to the HP goggles and if that is true then I win. If they are not superior to the HeadPlay goggle but just as good then I win because they are not only goggles on your head but a mini computer as well (but they are DJI so I know that they will be superior).

Like a sheep to slaughter. You will hate the DJI goggles, but because you drank the DJI Kool-aid, you'll tell yourself that you love them because everything DJI does is superior (like their app that crashes every 10 minutes).

Tim

Is this all for real? If so I applaud some of you for being saints in the drone world. The guy obviously doesn't like his goggles, let him be.

So the questions I have after reading all of this thread are: are the goggles excellent to the point where they exceed your expectations or just OK and yes you can see some pixels.

Are they really a fully immersive VR experience or just a little bit better than holding the phone in a Google Cardboard case?

Are they just a stepping stone to the real model that will be released soon ( M600/M600 Pro style).

My phone in a Google Cardboard is MUCH BETTER than the DJI Goggles. No contest. For one, I can see the entire screen with both eyes without the frame of the goggles getting in the way. Further, the DJI Goggles are not even close to a VR experience as they're just 2D.
Hey look I think we found a picture showing Tim's problem......
(Sorry Tim, hope you don't mind me poking a little fun at ya... I agree the instructions aren't that good but via YouTube I think I knew every switch and button on both the Mavic and the goggles before they arrived from back order). Just for record both my Mavic and goggles have performed flawlessly.

For the 10th time, it sounded like a SOFTWARE button to me as it mentions here the button is in the menus. I've tried to dumb-down this clarification as much as possible, but clearly you and others are still having a problem comprehending this.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin