DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? Why would He be looking in the Goggle Manual for info about the Mavic anyway... Does he think the goggles only work with the Mavic?

I was searching for the instructions given for the Mavic. There's a column for linking with the Mavic, and that's what I was searching for. Not really that hard to understand.

Tim

3 more flights with mine this morning, absolutely unbelievable.

Those who get these as their first FPV experience and complain have no idea about how they're actually spoilt. This is exactly what those of us who have been in the game for a bit have been dreaming about... for the past 10+ years. Lightyears ahead of any other exsting equipment, even costing triple.

Interesting to see what the general public with no particular interest expects.

I expect to see the entire screen with both eyes, so the image doesn't look dark or fuzzy.

Tim

This a very interesting thread. I had similar connection issues but it only lasted about an hour. We all know that DJI manuals are horrible. We know their customer service is sub par. But, we also how far ahead they are in terms of their products. Nothing comes close in terms of form and function.

The goggles are awesome, plain and simple IMHO. Makes flying the Mav with the wifey that much more engaging. I purchased my Mavic and my goggles from Best Buy because of their great return policy. I wasn't sure I would keep them as my little hobby has gotten expensive with all the aftermarket stuff. But once my wife tried the goggles for the first time, she wouldn't let me return them. How cool is that!

My point is this. Can't u just return them?

Only took about an hour for me too, but this is unacceptable for something that should be so easy.

I would disagree that nothing comes close in terms of form and function. Their app crashes at least once on every flight. EVERY flight. I can't remember the last time any other app crashed, yet the DJI app crashes every 20ish minutes? You all have drank the purple Kool-Aid if you believe DJI is really that far ahead (at least in software and their "manual").

I got them from DJI, I don't think there's a return policy just because I don't like them. I didn't know they were even available at Best Buy, probably not around me for sure.

Tim

Tim, how much experience do you have in this hobby?

Reactions: Kilrah
I was already on the goggle menu, the instructions just don't tell what to do on the Mavic or controller side.

Tim
I had the same problem but then found the little hole above the sd card i put a pin in it and they linked straight away

you know, I'm disappointed as well and think that having a fixed focal length seems a little short sighted :) I'm not a optics guy but seems these goggles were designed by Asian engineers aged 20-30 who statistically speaking are likely myopic.

"Sixty years ago, 10–20% of the Chinese population was short-sighted. Today, up to 90% of teenagers and young adults are. In Seoul, a whopping 96.5% of 19-year-old men are short-sighted." - The myopia boom

I've had to go out and buy a 3.25x magnification set of reading glasses. I'm good without corrective lenses in all other goggles I've tried. I honestly think they may have placed the image a bit too close. I need reading glasses with 1x mag to focus on anything closer than 12 inches. Going to have to research optics because to me 1 times anything is still anything (ie no magnification).

So what do you think, the market for these prosumer drones and their high priced accessories are likely folks like me, at 45 starting to feel the effects of presbyopia (farsightedness due to age). I think Tim has a point. If I could return mine for a full refund I would.

Interested to hear your feedback.

I received mine yesterday, carefully opened the box, activated and tested them out after getting glasses to compensate. I've only had opportunity for one flight due to rain but I've used them a bit around around the house. I bought them from a legit reseller in Canada, do you think I can return them? The policy of the reseller states no but I think maybe we're all getting screwed a bit here. Unlike Tim, who's cooling down, I'm starting to get pissed off the more I think about it. I'm straining the hell out of my eyes to use them. There's nothing but glass between my eyeballs and the screen in that goggle. :(

Reactions: sonof40
Showed them to my 45 year old Asian wife, she's very myopic. She could see everything in the goggle crisply without her glasses or contacts. Outside the goggles, without correction, she can only focus on things that are between 3 and 9 inches away from her eyes.

Apparently your goggles have a defective part between the lens and the halo .

Reactions: EJay
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead