DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who's Using MP in UAE? Let's talk

Hi Kenzero 7, I just got a Mavic Pro at the DJI dealer on Sheikh Zayed road. Getting the course done this week so can get registered. I'm in Dubai till 15 June then back again a month later for 5 weeks. Interested in hooking up, suggest you email me [email protected] if you're in Dubai.

Can anyone let me know what the rules are if you fly into Dubai on a commercial airplane with a drone? I am currently working overseas and fly in and out of Dubai and plan on bring my Mavic with me, but I have an overnight stay. Don't plan on flying if t will cause problems.... but wouldn't mind getting some video of Jumeria Beach near the Marina if possible.

Thanks
Mike

Can anyone let me know what the rules are if you fly into Dubai on a commercial airplane with a drone? I am currently working overseas and fly in and out of Dubai and plan on bring my Mavic with me, but I have an overnight stay. Don't plan on flying if t will cause problems.... but wouldn't mind getting some video of Jumeria Beach near the Marina if possible.

Thanks
Mike

You should be perfectly fine with bringing your drone in with you on your flight. I did it just about a month ago while coming in from the UK and they were all good with it. Asked me questions about my gaming console but didn't bat an eye at the drone.

In terms of flying it, I must say it is illegal to do so with a license (and definitely would not recommend), which you'll need to obtain after doing a course, and takes a minimum of 15 days. Understandably, if you are on holiday and don't have that time and decide to fly anyway, stay clear of police, download the fly zones poster from the DCAA and see where you can fly if you did have a license and adhere to all the laws regardless. If police do catch you, you can be upfront about following all laws and say you didn't know about the license.

If you are staying in a beachside hotel, then you could always get permission from the hotel and fly there and that should be alright.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78