DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why all the hype about the Mini 3?

To me it seems that the Mini 3 is the new 'mainstream' pro drone, just as the Phantom 4 was back in the day, then the Mavic. Can't wait.
It’s going to be great. A lot of reviewers will focus on this drone being able to deliver shots that even mavic 3 will not be able to do technically, or based on flight regulations in most continents. The general consensus is going to be an enormous leap for consumers and a design which all future DJI drones will be based on.

Especially for urban aerial photography

A lot of reviewers will focus on this drone being able to deliver shots that even mavic 3 will not be able to do technically

Just what are you basing this on? There is no way that this craft is going to have a better camera than the Mavic 3. Just not going to happen.

Just what are you basing this on? There is no way that this craft is going to have a better camera than the Mavic 3. Just not going to happen.
You could have the best camera in the entire world; it is useless when you need to shoot in a certain direction and are unable to point said camera in that direction.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Not sure what you would want to shoot that the Mavic 3 can't do. It can do -90 to +35 degrees tilt and of course pan is controllable by moving the aircraft.
Maybe flying through a very small opening that the Mavic3 can't fit through?

Then the FMC should be no less than $800 and the Pro version..... who knows?
Yes, something like that. Maybe $1000 for a Pro system with the zippy-whamo controller.

If the Pro version is compatible with a set of True Blue DJI FPV goggles, I'd probably find that impossible to resist.

Resistance would be futile...

;-)

MM

The pricing appears to have been leaked. However, take with a huge pinch of salt.

Code:
Mini 3 Std                $528
Mini 3 Std FMC            $800
Mini 3 Std FMC SC        $1120
Mini 3 Pro                $688
Mini 3 Pro FMC            $960
Mini 3 Pro FMC SC        $1280
If true, this is consistent with the sense I had. If anything, this is bit less than I expected.

So what does the SC actually do for you? I've never used one, or looked at it in any detail.

What are some things that you can do with the SC, that you can't with the standard controller?

It looks like there are really just two versions, the Std and the Pro. The rest of the "variants" seem to be just variations in trim levels/accessories.

What's the current perception of the differences between the Std and the Pro? Is it entirely optics/photography differences, or are there flight capability differences?

Thanks for this!

:)

TCS

I could be wrong but with those Mini 3 prices the only thing I see is a sale increase of Mini 2 and Air 2S.
Interesting...why would you think that?

If those prices turn out to be real, my only debate will be whether to get the Std base kit, or the Pro base kit.

But I agree that these prices certainly aren't going to drive the Mini-2 out of the skies! The price gap is big enough that you'll have to want the Mini-3.

But it all depends on what it can do that really is new and/or better. Maybe we'll see greater specificity about that soon.

Thx,

TCS

I think you are delusional. Do you know that 2/3 of Mini owners are first time entry level drone buyers? Those people are not going to spend that amount just for trying a drone.
It's basically adding a new top end to the Mini line, and people will cast their dollar votes based on the size of their wallets.

$1000 Mini-3 Pro FMC
$ 800 Mini-3 Std FMC
$ 600 Mini-2 FMC
$ 450 Mini-SE FMC (Need basic SE kit + Mini-2 Fly More Kit)
$ 230 Mini-1 FMC (when you can find one...)

That looks like a complete, and completely sensible, product line-up to me!

:cool:

TCS

it’s also not allowed to be flown within 150m of any structure or road in Europe after a certain date. So I see sales decreasing for the Air2S for sure.
Unless it comes with a class mark. You are forgetting that part.
Admittedly, none of the current DJI models have that and so will become A3 flyable only from Jan 2023. I am expecting that date to be pushed back though.

Reactions: Faster
Also you yourself are delusional; he said 800-1000 with a screen remote fly more combo.

Mini 2 is at 600 dollar msrp for the fly more combo.

Mini 3 pro mini will completely destroy mini 2 on each and every level. Were it priced within 200 dollar range of mini 2 not to mention having a controller with a screen, then nobody would buy mini 2 anymore
Note that, with the prices just leaked, the Mini-3 Pro FMC will cost $400 more than the Mini-2 FMC.

Those are two entirely distinct market segments.

What's the payoff to having a controller with a screen, the SC?

Thx,

TCS

For professionals is the Enterprise line, for advance photography users is the M3 and Air 2S. Mini is a sub 250g drone. It would never be capable as the others just because of the size and weight limitations.
I'd like to see DJI come out with a "Fat Mini", maybe 300 g, for sale only in the USA. If they coupled the USA-only version with a substantial or complete elimination of extra-legal nannyism, I think the "Mini-3F" could be a big seller.

MM

I'm just hoping the Pro is compatible with the RC Pro, since I have that for my M3...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998