DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why all the hype about the Mini 3?

I'm just hoping the Pro is compatible with the RC Pro, since I have that for my M3...
If the only difference between the Std and the Pro is the controller, I'll definitely get the standard version. If I want to get the Pro controller later, I can always do that. The perfect situation, which I don't expect to be the case, would be if the Mini-2 controller worked with the Mini-3.

The only think that could goose me up from the Std to the Pro would be more and/or better flight capabilities.

Is there any reason to suspect that will be the case?

Thx,

MM

If the only difference between the Std and the Pro is the controller, I'll definitely get the standard version. If I want to get the Pro controller later, I can always do that. The perfect situation, which I don't expect to be the case, would be if the Mini-2 controller worked with the Mini-3.

The only think that could goose me up from the Std to the Pro would be more and/or better flight capabilities.

Thx,

MM

If the standard has no OA cameras, it could be more aerodynamic but I don’t know if that would result in notable better flight capabilities or times. I don’t know what the feature set will be for the regular mini.

Thx,

MM

I don't see the controller being the difference. It looked like the price points included a smart controller option, so I think the difference between Pro and Standard is going to be more than that. As some have suggested, possibly the removal of OA/ Active Track, or a camera quality difference. Whatever adds up to a $160 difference. We should know soon enough.

As was shown before, SC is specifically called out:
Code:
Mini 3 Std                $528
Mini 3 Std FMC            $800
Mini 3 Std FMC SC        $1120
Mini 3 Pro                $688
Mini 3 Pro FMC            $960
Mini 3 Pro FMC SC        $1280

Hm, I have the M2P with SC and the Mavic Mini (original one).
To me, the SC was a huge gamechanger for the M2P. Just the ease and convenience and quickly flying was such a big change that I have always been very happy with this purchase.

However, the sole usecase for the mini for me is portability; I'll only fly it when I am too lazy to lug around with the M2P with SC. So, if the new smart controller is anything like the old one and does not offer much improvement, it won't be something I'll be speccing for a mini drone.

The whole Mini 3 Pro thing really has me baffled... I think it is DJI's way of solving the fact that the EU does not have a proper CE labelling system set up and they might be right. On the other hand, it is moving the mini in a price range that I am no longer willing to spend. For me, I am hoping to sell the Mini One and replace it with a Mini 2, but I am not going to spend $1000,- again.

The rumored FPV mini on the other hand... :D

Reactions: test2000Anafi
The whole Mini 3 Pro thing really has me baffled... I think it is DJI's way of solving the fact that the EU does not have a proper CE labelling system set up and they might be right. On the other hand, it is moving the mini in a price range that I am no longer willing to spend. For me, I am hoping to sell the Mini One and replace it with a Mini 2, but I am not going to spend $1000,- again.

The Autel Nano and Nano+ kind of set the stage for this I think. It explains it to me at least.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Curious to see the actual final specs vs the A2s.

It’s a smaller, quieter version of the Air2S with better wind resistance and never getting props in the shot nor the horizon ever tilting down. It has better low light capabilities as well and legally you are allowed to fly it in Europe in most locations after 2023 still, unlike Air2S which will be forbidden near roads or civilian structures.
Mini 3 pro does lack air sense. And it is possible it can only do 10KM range transmission.

There were talks that the sensor would be as tiny as air2 or mini 2, but I personally don’t believe that. The regular non-pro could have such a small sensor sure, but the pro should be at least on the level of Air2S. The promotional videos being recorded right know by professional aerial videographers also focus on low light difference in favour of mini 3 pro compared to Air2S and I think that is only possible if the sensor is at least the size of the Air2S, but with better technology. If the sensor is smaller than I don’t think they can show a favourable difference

It’s a smaller, quieter version of the Air2S with better wind resistance and never getting props in the shot nor the horizon ever tilting down. It has better low light capabilities as well and legally you are allowed to fly it in Europe in most locations after 2023 still, unlike Air2S which will be forbidden near roads or civilian structures.
Mini 3 pro does lack air sense. And it is possible it can only do 10KM range transmission.

There were talks that the sensor would be as tiny as air2 or mini 2, but I personally don’t believe that. The regular non-pro could have such a small sensor sure, but the pro should be at least on the level of Air2S. The promotional videos being recorded right know by professional aerial videographers also focus on low light difference in favour of mini 3 pro compared to Air2S and I think that is only possible if the sensor is at least the size of the Air2S, but with better technology. If the sensor is smaller than I don’t think they can show a favourable difference
Do you have insider knowledge? You seem quite sure judging by your comments.

I am editing some of the preview footage for a pretty big YouTube channel, and at several points I was like: “okay the difference is slight but I have to give the edge to the Air2S” only to find out that I was looking at the mini 3 pro footage. Especially low light. How that is possible I don’t know. Supposedly the embargoes end next week so you can see for yourself then

If you go through Test2000’s messages of the past few weeks you’ll see he’s been raving non stop about the awesomeness of the new M3 which will be far far FAR superior to all the DJI drones combined and then some. 🤣

In short; don’t feed the troll.
Oh yes it seems this gentleman was booed off of another thread yesterday and warned by a moderator. Though he has a right to make a theory like everyone else.

Oh yes it seems this gentleman was booed off of another thread yesterday and warned by a moderator. Though he has a right to make a theory like everyone else.
He may have solid information. We can't know.

The problem is he behaves like an adolescent raised by howler monkeys, which has completely destroyed any credibility, relegating his contributions to entertainment humor.

If he'd offered his rumors in a more sober manner we all might be having an interesting conversation.

Reactions: Okie
He may have solid information. We can't know.

The problem is he behaves like an adolescent raised by howler monkeys, which has completely destroyed any credibility, relegating his contributions to entertainment humor.

If he'd offered his rumors in a more sober manner we all might be having an interesting conversation.
I’ve been talking to him in private messages and I’m actually inclined to believe him. Maybe, as you said, he could of conveyed his points in a better way.

Regards,
The welsh droney

Reactions: Coskier
I really don’t care about how I come across. Air2S owners will behave like air2 owners when the 2S was shown. As if that is so mature lol. I am just happy that I finally have the perfect drone. I never cared about OA, but when I was in Portugal in the Alvados cave, I was able to create footage never done before with any drone. That was with the Anafi. Now DJI wil be able to do that as well. Especially with height restrictions this will open up an entire new perspective on drone photography. You will see it soon, even if you are not creative enough to imagine the possibilities

I really don’t care about how I come across.
That's a poorly kept secret.

It begs the question though, why you interact with others at all?

One presumes you come here and post because you want to share with others, and I expect you want them to believe you, right?

If not, why are you here? Trolling?

Reactions: Skyryder and Okie
Just sharing some information on new technology! I made a thread to prepare for the mini 3 pro btw, also last year.

Ok enough guys. Let’s not be calling a member ..troll -etc.
You dont want to read what he say’s then put him on ignore or
get out of this thread.
The next insult I see will result in that member having time off.
Don't believe me try me.
Enough is enough !!

A general question, would people agree that if mini 3 pro indeed exceeds Air2S on a image quality/sensor level. That any hype was justified?

Ow what features should mini 3 pro have in order to exceed expectations?
I just expect the mini 3 pro to be a air 2s replacement maybe even with some extra features here and there. I expect the mini 3 to be the “epic finale” to the mini series with everything they could ever add.

Well, I wouldn't be so sure of that... with the regs the way they are, I expect the sub-250g class to be where all the future consumer action will be. Not a clever, brilliant deduction that only I've thought of 😁

That is, until zillions of quarter kg unlicensed drones are flying around everywhere and people start to notice, then the regs will be revised, and they'll be included.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851