DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why can't some people accept that every year will bring better technology?

test2000Anafi

Reactions
I understand, you just bought your Air 2 last year, or a few months or weeks ago. Now that model will drop in price and or lose value. Yes, the difference will not be that big or that small. No it's not like your Air 2 will have worse pictures/video now, it's just that there will be a model with even beter quality.

I always find this weird. Who cares if better tech comes out. Should we not applaud this?

I understand, you just bought your Air 2 last year, or a few months or weeks ago. Now that model will drop in price and or lose value. Yes, the difference will not be that big or that small. No it's not like your Air 2 will have worse pictures/video now, it's just that there will be a model with even better quality.

I always find this weird. Who cares if better tech comes out. Should we not applaud this?

The problem is many of us invested in the Smart Controller and the Alien Dual Booster close to $1500 and we did that thinking that the DJI drones being released would be compatible. and so , and so with the amazing Occusync 3.0 that part of the living the dream to fly all these DJI drones with 1 Controller has ended.

So the reality was short lived, less than a Year, so there is some applaud but also some BOOOOOOS , also.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

The problem is many of us invested in the Smart Controller and the Alien Dual Booster close to $1500 and we did that thinking that the DJI drones being released would be compatible. and so , and so with the amazing Occusync 3.0 that part of the living the dream to fly all these DJI drones with 1 Controller has ended.

So the reality was short lived, less than a Year, so there is some applaud but also some BOOOOOOS , also.

Phantomrain.org

DJI made Air2 compatible with the smart controller, I expect them te do the same with Air2S

Some people buy an iPhone now. However, in less then 5 months, the new model will have been presented and then their shiny new phone becomes the old model.

People who buy the Air 3 will be pretty pissed that the Air 4 will have a completely new design and make their Air 3 look obsolete.

DJI made Air2 compatible with the smart controller, I expect them te do the same with Air2S

Some people buy an iPhone now. However, in less then 5 months, the new model will have been presented and then their shiny new phone becomes the old model.

People who buy the Air 3 will be pretty pissed that the Air 4 will have a completely new design and make their Air 3 look obsolete.
You hit the Nail On the Head: You Expect them to be : Thus disappointment is coming your way.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Droniac

Phantomrain.org
Do we know for sure that Ocusync3 will not work with the smart controller?

I assume it’s a young person thing, from people that don’t have much experience how the world and companies work. Surely, anyone over 30 is experienced enough in life to know this happens? It’s not like it’s a new thing.

Disappointed - NOPE! Not at all. Have had mine Air2 for a year and it's been a BLAST. Will I get the Air2 S - doubt it - not one of those people who HAVE to have the latest and greatest. Nor did I invest in a Smart Controller and Goggles for my Air2 - so again NO LOSS for me - if that even happens.

I am perfectly HAPPY with my Air2 and if and when the Air3 comes out and there are significant differences that WILL HELP ME fly the drone and shoots better pics / vid's and maybe comes with FPV Goggles / etc - then and only then do I even think of upgrading.

I personally think MOST OF US are happy with our Air2's and don't see any downside - since technology is changing all the time and if you ride that crazy wave to bankruptcy - that is something you need to work on personally. I can only fly one drone at a time, so having a stable full of them sitting around makes no sense. They aren't classic cars that tend to increase in value. I have a Mini 1 that just sits idly by waiting for it's return to the air - which won't happen till I can travel outside of the USA again - whenever that is. Then it gets to fly while the Air2 sits at home due to regulations overseas that I want to bypass with the Mini, compared to the Air2.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Disappointed - NOPE! Not at all. Have had mine Air2 for a year and it's been a BLAST. Will I get the Air2 S - doubt it - not one of those people who HAVE to have the latest and greatest. Nor did I invest in a Smart Controller and Goggles for my Air2 - so again NO LOSS for me - if that even happens.

I am perfectly HAPPY with my Air2 and if and when the Air3 comes out and there are significant differences that WILL HELP ME fly the drone and shoots better pics / vid's and maybe comes with FPV Goggles / etc - then and only then do I even think of upgrading.

I personally think MOST OF US are happy with our Air2's and don't see any downside - since technology is changing all the time and if you ride that crazy wave to bankruptcy - that is something you need to work on personally. I can only fly one drone at a time, so having a stable full of them sitting around makes no sense. They aren't classic cars that tend to increase in value. I have a Mini 1 that just sits idly by waiting for it's return to the air - which won't happen till I can travel outside of the USA again - whenever that is. Then it gets to fly while the Air2 sits at home due to regulations overseas that I want to bypass with the Mini, compared to the Air2.

Just my 2 cents on it.

More power to you! Enjoy is key! I agree with most that feel if you use it m, keep it, if you don’t sell it. With me... it gets handed down to one of my kids. Or I’d follow the general rule?? Godspeed

Reactions: ATW
You hit the Nail On the Head: You Expect them to be : Thus disappointment is coming your way.

Phantomrain.org

Sounds like basic FUD, sorry!
Why would a company not want people to buy their 200 dollar controller (or whatever it costs) for their new drone?
You understand that nobody is going to buy the air 2 anymore now that the 2s is out right?

Reactions: ckoerner

Phantomrain.org
I had a 1963 split window vette w/fuel injection. 327, Top flighted thrice. Wish I didn’t sell it. I hope I feel that way about my mav2pro in a few decades. Tech goes on and I’ll be here to enjoy it and sometimes not. Point well made. ✌? Godspeed.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I assume it’s a young person thing, from people that don’t have much experience how the world and companies work. Surely, anyone over 30 is experienced enough in life to know this happens? It’s not like it’s a new thing.

I'm only 19, but not a single regret about my Mini when the Mini 2 came out. Someday I will upgrade to a better drone, and when the newer model of it comes out, there will be no regret. I got to enjoy it for however long it was already mine, and just because something else came out, doesn't mean that mine suddenly doesn't work as well as it always has.

Sounds like basic FUD, sorry!
Why would a company not want people to buy their 200 dollar controller (or whatever it costs) for their new drone?
You understand that nobody is going to buy the air 2 anymore now that the 2s is out right?

I'm considering an A2, maybe even a used one. Many people rarely fly their drone, so they are low time, like new. Just as a bonus maybe someone will be selling theirs with a smart controller.

I'm considering an A2, maybe even a used one. Many people rarely fly their drone, so they are low time, like new. Just as a bonus maybe someone will be selling theirs with a smart controller.

The controller not working was a rumour which was obviously fake, it was created by MA2 fanboys when they found out the A2S has autofocus..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661