DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why are we giving up our right to Fly because some ones upset?

This is the best response:
“Please don't disturb me while I’m working, Thank You.”
But said in your own a pleasant way.
Do “not” make eye contact or the crap will get worse.

if they are pleasant they will respect your comment,
if they are unpleasant then ‘nothing’ you say will help so don’t respond at all, or pack up and move off.
You won’t win with ar*eh*les.

Worst thing is you trying to educate or justify, waste of breath, why on earth should you and they won’t hear what your saying anyway.

Re
“ I mentioned the camera was good, but at 150 feet, it cannot look in windows! Told her I could get the same result by looking at a satellite photo on Google Earth.”

mmm sounds like you tried!
Not a good response imho.

As far as I'm concerned , my property line.
At what altitude would you say "your" airspace goes to? The reason I ask that question is because just FYI, none of us own any airspace above our property, it is governed (currently) by the FAA. I see this changing in the future however and there will most likely be a minimum altitude to fly over other people's property, but for now, unless you are breaking local Peeping Tom laws, you can fly over anyone's private property, unless it is restricted by the FAA in some way.

At what altitude would you say "your" airspace goes to? The reason I ask that question is because just FYI, none of us own any airspace above our property, it is governed (currently) by the FAA. I see this changing in the future however and there will most likely be a minimum altitude to fly over other people's property, but for now, unless you are breaking local Peeping Tom laws, you can fly over anyone's private property, unless it is restricted by the FAA in some way.
Well gee wiz I don't know, how far do you think my 12 ga will reach?? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Well gee wiz I don't know, how far do you think my 12 ga will reach?? :rolleyes:
Not sure I get what you are saying. Please explain your statement.

I don't get it either. Seems A.O. is only thinking two dimensions.
You're just not thinking 4th dimensionally.

latest

Oops...those indians in that painting came to life...

latest

If it reaches and disables a drone the action carries the same criminal penalties as if you shot down a manned aircraft or airliner... then their are also civil penalties aside from drone law.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis and A.O.
He asked a stupid question, I gave a stupid answer...
Didn't intend for people to go nuts over it.
Then I would not make comments about shooting into the air even in jest.

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
He asked a stupid question, I gave a stupid answer...
Didn't intend for people to go nuts over it.

Well anything that covers airspace, I personally don't think is stupid and certainly don't want newbies to get the wrong information :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I ignore ignorance, and dont feel I need to defend against it. People are mostly nice, and kind hearted. I had the great opportunity to let a young boy fly my drone yesterday at the river. He was autistic, but very smart. I love moments like that and his parents were so happy for him. ?
I agree. Listening to true ignorance would mean that person has an opinion in which holds validity. Ignore rather than argue seems fair. No real reason to argue all things being equal. Sometimes I find that there are simply people that unconsciously get off on arguing, aggressive behaviors etc. Just a thought. I havnt had but a couple of these instances but I refuse to fuel their incorrect understanding and I let them know that. Godspeed. I used to get “stuff” from people when I’d have my service dog with me lol. I’d hand out cards specifically made by the ADA American disabilities act basically they would be breaking the law to insist my separation from my dog. Worked well. And yet I would still get some guff. So drones? I’m less than surprised and more than displeased for us all. Godspeed

...Listening to true ignorance would mean that person has an opinion in which holds validity. Ignore rather than argue seems fair...
Ignoring probably isn't fair, but practical... and then possibly not. There is a breed of ignoramuses today that are emboldened by a sense of self-righteousness and fueled by feigned indignation. This breed won't allow you to politely excuse yourself or ignore them. I suspect that upon being ignored some might become escalate the situation. We see folks today getting shot and/or stabbed because they won't share a popsicle. Imagine one of these types feeling "dissed" by you turning your back on them. The worst thing you can do to a person besides physically harm them is ignore them, which in today's "woke" world they might interpret as aggression and react to their widdu feewings in a less than civil way.

Ignoring probably isn't fair, but practical... and then possibly not. There is a breed of ignoramuses today that are emboldened by a sense of self-righteousness and fueled by feigned indignation. This breed won't allow you to politely excuse yourself or ignore them. I suspect that upon being ignored some might become escalate the situation. We see folks today getting shot and/or stabbed because they won't share a popsicle. Imagine one of these types feeling "dissed" by you turning your back on them. The worst thing you can do to a person besides physically harm them is ignore them, which in today's "woke" world they might interpret as aggression and react to their widdu feewings in a less than civil way.
That was way to DEEP.....

That was way to DEEP.....
Is there any other way to think?
The world has changed and people are just nuts. In Forrest Gump's proverbial box of chocolates, you're probably going to get the one with the nuts. How's that for simplicity?

Reactions: smashse
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji