DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do people claim mini 2 has better video compared to mini 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned a Mini 1 & Mini 2 - on a small screen you cannot tell the difference, but on my 32in 4k monitor & 50in 4k TV, the Mini 2 video quality is noticeably better - sharper & more detail.
I appreciate the sensor is the same, but as others have mentioned there are a no. of factors in the Mini 1 that limit it's ability to have sharp detailed video - including the bitrate (60mbps in the Mini 1 vs 100mbps in the Mini 2)

I've owned a Mini 1 & Mini 2 - on a small screen you cannot tell the difference, but on my 32in 4k monitor & 50in 4k TV, the Mini 2 video quality is noticeably better - sharper & more detail.
I appreciate the sensor is the same, but as others have mentioned there are a no. of factors in the Mini 1 that limit it's ability to have sharp detailed video - including the bitrate (60mbps in the Mini 1 vs 100mbps in the Mini 2)
The bitrate is wasted on that tiny lens;

The way you people can understand is this:
Imagine shooting an image with the lens slightly out of focus. Does it matter if the sensor catching the light is 10 megapixel, or 1000 megapixel?

If the lens cannot resolve single pixel detail at 10 megapixel, then it would be the same at 1000 megapixel.

The way to show this for yourself is take a picture with mini 2 at the highest possible resolution and post it here.

If you zoom in 500% then you will see all pixels are blurry.

Imagine shooting an image with the lens slightly out of focus. Does it matter if the sensor catching the light is 10 megapixel, or 1000 megapixel?

If the lens cannot resolve single pixel detail at 10 megapixel, then it would be the same at 1000 megapixel.

The way to show this for yourself is take a picture with mini 2 at the highest possible resolution and post it here.

@test2000Anafi so you’re saying that what @the-bunker reports seeing with their own eyes didn’t happen? They are seeing it wrong? Your knowledge is stronger than their experience?

I don’t understand this.

Reactions: Okie

The binning and line-skipping was explained to you, and is the reason there is a real, visible resolution difference. You don't understand these technical details, so you ignore them and keep posting simpleton explanations like that above, that are only serving to demonstrate, again and again, how little you actually know about the topic.

It's becoming amusing, especially all your posturing.

Reactions: c64-dev
Then upload a single picture taken with the mini 2 camera at full resolution.

“Bla bla with my eyes I saw the biggest difference ever shown to mankind I really saw it with my own eyes so it is the truth guys”

If that is true then why is it impossible to upload a single picture taken straight from the mini 2?

Then upload a single picture taken with the mini 2 camera at full resolution.

“Bla bla with my eyes I saw the biggest difference ever shown to mankind I really saw it with my own eyes so it is the truth guys”

If that is true then why is it impossible to upload a single picture taken straight from the mini 2?
Enough trolling !!!

I think you are just posting to get YouTube hits for Paladrone. It is time to lay-off off the mini2 bashing. You’ve said your piece over and over and most disagree with you. In fact only one sort of agreed with you that only looked at his mini1 footage without comparing it to mini2 footage.

This thread is closed and continued trolling will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard