DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does everyone call it a Mavic Pro 2?

Cyber3xpert

Reactions
There are so many titles of threads that have Mavic Pro 2 instead of Mavic 2 Pro. Why? It's not like there's a Mavic Zoom 1, so you wouldn't say Mavic Zoom 2, right? Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe some people think of it as the second Mavic Pro? But it's so much more than that! Anyway, I was just wondering, am I the only one that notices?

Doesn't make a difference to me; I am probably guilty of using either one
Lol yeah, I have used both before as well, but not very many times. I'm usually the one correcting people around me.:)

In American English (culturally) we place numbers at the end of titles/names unless the number is the name I.E 2nd street. When I was a recruiter in Portland OR, It took me a while to get use to the use of dual direction of streets.... NW/SE/SW/NE 2nd street. Nothing is better than working in a city that is based on 0 grid (the city has a 0 point of direction N/S/E/W) everything north of that intersection is North or South or E/W the address run from 0 to whatever in each direction. Now back to your point for us Yanks that just the way we are taught and see things we grow up with Mavic Pro 2 just rolls off the tongue naturally compared to Mavic 2 Pro. In how we process things its a more sequential, to go from Mavic Pro (which we assume is 1) to go to Mavic Pro 2.

In American English (culturally) we place numbers at the end of titles/names unless the number is the name I.E 2nd street. When I was a recruiter in Portland OR, It took me a while to get use to the use of dual direction of streets.... NW/SE/SW/NE 2nd street. Nothing is better than working in a city that is based on 0 grid (the city has a 0 point of direction N/S/E/W) everything north of that intersection is North or South or E/W the address run from 0 to whatever in each direction. Now back to your point for us Yanks that just the way we are taught and see things we grow up with Mavic Pro 2 just rolls off the tongue naturally compared to Mavic 2 Pro. In how we process things its a more sequential, to go from Mavic Pro (which we assume is 1) to go to Mavic Pro 2.
Gotcha. Thanks for the input!

I think it has more to do with the first Mavic being called the Mavic Pro.
Once the second gen came out people just tacked the 2 onto the end.

Reactions: Thomas B
for me the most important part is the 2, no matter where it is then i know not to give an answer to a drone question i know very little about ,as i dont own one,the word that always makes me smile is when people call our drones a magic pro

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25Vettes
Before the M2P came out, I never noticed the M1P on the manufacturing plate on my Magic Pro (just for you omm, lol).
DJI obviously always planned to bring in a series of Mavics.

They are very different aircraft, personally I'm quite happy with the Mavic Pro still.
The MPP came out not long after I got the pro, that is a nice drone too, I use the platinum props on mine.

The Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic Pro 2 thing is probably just a topical fact.
A bit like dates for say 1st December 2019, 12/01/19 vs the sensible 01/12/19 ? ;)

It's possibly more a Chinese manufacturing / country thing perhaps, some comments above from the US seem to prefer Mavic Pro 2, as we would here.

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
@MAvic_South_Oz thanks my friend perhaps its for the ones that disappear in a puff of smoke as they hit the ground

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard