DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my MavicPro footage shimmer?

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Have noticed since I got my MavicPro, that video footage always 'shimmers'. I have an example here. Recently got a 4k tv, and watching my footage is always so disappointing because everything I ever filmed with my Mavic looks this way. Notice on the bushes and roof, it's a shimmering almost like 'heat waves', but it's a cool day.....it's not heat waves. Is this just a limitation of the Mavic camera, or do I have some settings wrong?

It's always been disappointing to me watching footage from the Mavic, I want to see nice clean smooth footage.

Have noticed since I got my MavicPro, that video footage always 'shimmers'. I have an example here. Recently got a 4k tv, and watching my footage is always so disappointing because everything I ever filmed with my Mavic looks this way. Notice on the bushes and roof, it's a shimmering almost like 'heat waves', but it's a cool day.....it's not heat waves. Is this just a limitation of the Mavic camera, or do I have some settings wrong?

It's always been disappointing to me watching footage from the Mavic, I want to see nice clean smooth footage.

Check to see that it is not the Codec you are using as this looks like that could be the problem when your uploading

Do you see this in the original footage before you upload ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.

Check to see that it is not the Codec you are using as this looks like that could be the problem when your uploading

Do you see this in the original footage before you upload ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.
Absolutely, I can hook the Mavic straight to the tv and every bit of footage that I've taken has that same 'shimmer'. :(

I don't think thats a sd card too slow but try that, I would also calibrate your gimble again.

Without flying the drone just record some camera of you moving it side to side as well... That looks like a vibration issue and im wondering if you aren't flying it if you get it as well.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Have done some experimenting today.

New SD card.....no change.
Calibrated Gimble.....If anything, might have made it worse.

Took some footage, the first :04 seconds the camera is not moving and I look at the bushes and can't see the 'shimmering'. (Maybe a teeny bit, but not much.) Once I move the camera to the side, the 'shimmering' shows up in both sets of bushes. Then once I fire up the props, it's even worse. Looking back at some older footage, I actually now think this hasn't always been the case, can't hardly notice it on older footage. It absolutely seems to have something to do with any kind of movement of the camera?

thats a odd one, i really am not sure. Could be the sensor is faulty.. still have refresh on it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose