DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why i must sell this Mavic 2 Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you near an airport and if so, can ask which one?

You need to quote the person your asking so "we" know who your directing question. Makes it MUCH easier. Kinda like looking at someone when you ask :p

But if me yeah I live real close to a Approach/Departure for Donaldson Center ;) Never had a issue. I could easily be in flight path and collision if I wasn't aware, I routinly get flights over my house at sub 400' some at tree top (Military) and I just get standard warning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-091706.png
    Screenshot_20200826-091706.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Meant for the OP. My bad. So I'm just looking to see if we have all the puzzle pieces as far as the area the OP wants to fly in. Was wondering if he may be within Class D or a a Class E surface area and may be misinterpreting the purpose of the grids on AirMaps.
1598734740336.png

Last edited:
He said AirMaps show a flight restriction at 200' and above AGL...doesn't matter the model. Better question is if AirMaps have a restriction and DJI have a restriction to flight there is OBVIOUSLY something in the area that makes flight not safe in some respects. It's all fine and good to Assume responsibility for flight, but had something go wrong and/or aircraft encounters some error and zooms up and off how many of those people will claim the responsibility is still theirs had something terrible happen? (Nothing implied to OP ;)) Chances of that happening slim to none, but still plausible.
If you can fly within the height of kicking a ball or hitting a baseball, then a purchased drone should have flight enabled for a similar minimum. Fifteen feet meets that criteria. I had a similar grounding problem in New Zealand, wanting to complete a roof inspection. After 24 hours and several emails, some DJI guy in China sent me an extended period unlocking license. I declare all flights on Airshare, no matter what height is intended. But I agree with the original post. The limitation is ridiculous and should be changed. And if the logic of this respondent’s answer was applied universally, then no drones should be flown - period. Again, ridiculous.

For years and years i would not buy a DJI because of its restricted airspace firmware. Not because i don't respect the no fly zone area, because if i want to fly at 15 feet to film a vehicle, i can with others, not because they are locked down. Today was that way, we found a great area to film some motorcycles and the thing won't leave the ground and we are no near final on an airport. On AirMaps we show 200 feet unrestricted. so leaving the ground should be fine. I am done with DJI
i set my mavic pro in for repair it came back, said i was in a nfz and i wasnt. i called and text them but no help. My neighbor next door flies a mavic pro just fine. So i paid the 60.00 .got that nfz zone stuff deactivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb