DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is my cell phone bill so high?

The Camera Guy

Reactions
i was just checking my cell phone bill. I'm 6.25GB over my limit. I'm never over. Is it because I'm using my cell as my screen when using the Mavic?

Any ideas woul.d be welcome

I just got surprised too....I kill the app and restrict background data. As much as I like this drone, what DJI's app is doing it the background does have me worried. I have it locked down now.

LP

Reactions: Adamcain112
The app runs in the background, and the Android version is a battery hog because of it, but I've never experienced it uploading that kind of data. Something else is going on, either accidentally uploading or downloading video when you thought you were using Wi-Fi or something else.

The only way to know is to check your phone's usage stats.

The GO app sometimes does get stuck open and still do some transfers, but in my case it was never more than a few MB. It's highly unlikely the GO app background activity is the culprit in this case.

Android at least you can see what data a background app has transferred since the last reboot (Settings/Apps). DJI Go is active, is a battery and memory hog but ive never seen it use more than a few MB in actual background transfer.

What kind of phone and OS are you on? If it's an iPhone then simply fly in airplane mode and once done flying immediately force close the data mining DJI app.

Once that shady app is closed, then take your iPhone out of airplane mode.

If your iPhone is jailbroken there's apps that allow you to completely monitor what a specific app does and lock it down.

If it's Andriod, don't know, but throw it in the nearest trashcan and get an iPhone.

If its android you can do the same as above. As they're real phones they actually let you do stuff on them unlike the iphone equivalent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329