DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is the Mini's PDF Manual protected?

ff22

Reactions
I was just trying to copy a segment for use in a Hint Sheet and obviously, being protected, I am not allowed to copy the text. I thought that when I flew this morning it said I was in ATTI mode. I was trying to copy that section of the manual?

Is there another version available that is not locked?

First, thanks for the quick reply

I opened it in Adobe Reader and just now tried Edge. Neither would let me copy any text. I could highlight the text but not copy it

What app are you using above?

If you mean the PDF file then which application are you using to open it? It's not copy protected:
Windows based Adobe Acrobat Reader sees it differently:

1588195409238.png

Locked tighter than a drum (whatever that means (g)).

I purchased an UNlocking tool since I've run into this before and find it a pain not to be able to excerpt or quote from some pdf files. Screenshots are too limited.

I purchased an UNlocking tool since I've run into this before and find it a pain not to be able to excerpt or quote from some pdf files. Screenshots are too limited.

Try this - I simply re-saved it in Preview, and Reader no longer reports those restrictions:

Reactions: Akward59 and ff22

I'm not sure what's stopping you.
Just tried with Adobe Reader and it copies without a problem.
RTH Procedure
1. The Home Point is recorded.
2. RTH is triggered.
3. If the altitude is lower than 20 m, the aircraft ascends to the RTH altitude or 20 m, and then adjusts its orientation.
If the altitude is higher than 20 m, the aircraft adjusts its orientation immediately.
4.a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the preset RTH altitude and flies to the Home Point at a speed of 8 m/s.
If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
b. If the aircraft is less than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately.

I'm not sure what's stopping you.
Just tried with Adobe Reader and it copies without a problem.
RTH Procedure
1. The Home Point is recorded.
2. RTH is triggered.
3. If the altitude is lower than 20 m, the aircraft ascends to the RTH altitude or 20 m, and then adjusts its orientation.
If the altitude is higher than 20 m, the aircraft adjusts its orientation immediately.
4.a. If the aircraft is further than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it ascends to the preset RTH altitude and flies to the Home Point at a speed of 8 m/s.
If the current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
b. If the aircraft is less than 20 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands immediately.
I have no idea.

It shows "secured" in the title bar. I can highlight/select text but COPY is grayed out in the menu. Ctrl-C does not do anything. Win10, Adobe XI 11.0.23. dji manual.jpgdji manual.jpg

I have no idea.

It shows "secured" in the title bar. I can highlight/select text but COPY is grayed out in the menu. Ctrl-C does not do anything. Win10, Adobe XI 11.0.23.
You can't do copy/paste with Adobe Reader and Windows 10. As shown in post #4, the document is protected by DJI.

Macintosh Preview utility of a PDF allows copying the desired portion from a document.

After reading this thread, I decided to try and to copy and paste. I downloaded the manual and saved it as a PDF file on my desktop. FYI, I'm running Windows 10 Professional. I could highlight it, but no copy option was available. I opened the manual/file on the internet and was able to copy and paste with no problems. I also tried to screen capture, but was unable to do so. Interesting. I saved the manual/file to a flash drive was able to print any or all pages. but again, there was no copy and paste option available.

Reactions: ff22
You can't do copy/paste with Adobe Reader and Windows 10. As shown in post #4, the document is protected by DJI.
As I showed in post #14, it's not protected and copies normally.
Where are people getting the Manual from?
This is where I got it from: Mavic Mini - Specs, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

If you save the pdf file and open that it is protected.
But if you just open it within your browser to view online, it copies without any trouble.

As I showed in post #14, it's not protected and copies normally.
Where are people getting the Manual from?
This is where I got it from: Mavic Mini - Specs, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

If you save the pdf file and open that it is protected.
But if you just open it within your browser to view online, it copies without any trouble.
I did get the manual from that site. I did download a copy - I generally grab the official pdf for most products that I buy and save them. It can be very handy. I can read it on my desktop, laptop or even phone in the field. And if someone asks a question I can open the manual and copy/paste to answer. I do not have to go re-find the manual and open a web link. So, while not the end of the world - a pain in the rear end! (g). I just hoped someone might know why they lock it down. Maybe they don't even realize that they've done so.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD