DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why the Pro behaves so differently in strong winds from the Air

Great thread folks! As a newbie Magic Pro owner I was unaware of these against the wind issues in normal flight mode (which I use 99%.)

Thank you

I saw your video a while back, since you observed that, why dont you make another video experimenting with the Mavic pro and the sensors being off in higher wind to educate us on if this is actually true?

Hello all
Time finally allowed me to shoot another test video in strong winds with the Pro OA sensors switched off, as requested. And it performed fantastically....!
Cheers
Ian

Hello all
Time finally allowed me to shoot another test video in strong winds with the Pro OA sensors switched off, as requested. And it performed fantastically....!
Cheers
Ian
Thanks for the video, Ian. I was hoping you do the comparison between the Pro (with OA off or Sport Mode) vs the Air when flying against strong wind :)

There is no such thing as Super Sport mode. And I have yet to see verified speeds of the Mavic Pro when you modify the parameters. Not one video of it with a radar gun.
I tried to use a radar gun one time but it refused to lock on due to the props, speed was jumping all over the place. Hit 57 mph with 25 mph tail wind in super sport. If you don't believe that's okay, Shrug. [emoji12]

I tried to use a radar gun one time but it refused to lock on due to the props, speed was jumping all over the place. Hit 57 mph with 25 mph tail wind in super sport. If you don't believe that's okay, Shrug. [emoji12]
You probably won't be able to do that now... The last update of the DJI Go 4 app limited the speed in tail winds, so when flying downwind even in a really strong wind, you're only going to get around 42-44 mph now....

Ian

You probably won't be able to do that now... The last update of the DJI Go 4 app limited the speed in tail winds, so when flying downwind even in a really strong wind, you're only going to get around 42-44 mph now....

Ian
I'm sure! I am using an older version of GO. Not really interested in the new bells and whistles of newer versions because it seems that with DJI, in order to get new features, something gets taken away or limited like the speed limit you mentioned, Ian.

Currently everything works really well in my current setup and is very predictable with no surprises. I use Litchi and just started with Drone Hormony which has "Rocket" and "Helix" Got some learning to do with that one.

Hello all
Cheers
Ian

Cool yea i saw this on you tube when you posted, i am subscribed to you

Reactions: Ian in London
Hello all
Cheers
Ian

Speaking OA, i was looking at a video on the Air and that APAS system it has (side note: I dont own an air or plan to hahaha, but they may put this technology in a new Pro or their other drones) and i noticed, that if it encounters a large obstacle and its not close to the side of said obstacle, it will not be able to determine which direction to pass and just remain stopped in front of it like the current Pro does. so you almost have to be approaching it from one side or the other for it work, Just an observation, because they are promoting the Air on that system as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga