DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why we always fly 60 Frames -

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The beauty of 4K is in the details

Being able to scroll thu your footage on a time line you can really see what it is you captured.
A 20 minute flight in the storm provided some interesting pictures straight of the time line.

Taking the time to scroll thu frame by frame we were able to get these gems

Here is the video from both outside and inside the storm keep in mind that this was shot in almost pitch black conditions. 3:am Tornado Warnings

Phantomrain.org
Gear up your Mavics to fly in and out of the storm.

tornado pic 3.jpg
Notice the Lighting strike lights up the formation .

Tonado pic 2.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 10.43.03 PM.png

Screenshot 03-14-2020 21.21.40.png

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-2000x1105.jpg

More Pictures posted on the webiste.

Nice shots!

How did you shoot in 4K - 60fps on the M2?
Did I miss something (very possible!)

btw, I really like your M2 lander product

Nice shots!

How did you shoot in 4K - 60fps on the M2?
Did I miss something (very possible!)

btw, I really like your M2 lander product

Phantom 4 pro : H264 is showing why that 4K 60 has some advantages.
Let me know when your ready for the Sea Lander we offer a discount to the forum members.

Thank you.

No mavic.

I fly 2,7k 60fps, just a tiny loss of detail, if any, but much smoother.

I agree, the OP starts with this statement "The beauty of 4K is in the details", since no Mavic shoots 4k 60fps I don't understand the connection to Mavics. Can't have both 4K and 60fps.

I agree, the OP starts with this statement "The beauty of 4K is in the details", since no Mavic shoots 4k 60fps I don't understand the connection to Mavics. Can't have both 4K and 60fps.

Even though 4K video on both 30 and 60 looks compelling, when it comes to choosing frames in 4K the 60 frames has the advantage .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
Coal

Even though 4K video on both 30 and 60 looks compelling, when it comes to choosing frames in 4K the 60 frames has the advantage .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
Coal

Since you are in a Mavic forum talking about the advantage of shooting in 4k at 60fps which no Mavic can do, what are you suggesting; that Mavic owners abandon their Mavics for something else? What would you suggest is currently better than a M2?

Since you are in a Mavic forum talking about the advantage of shooting in 4k at 60fps which no Mavic can do, what are you suggesting; that Mavic owners abandon their Mavics for something else? What would you suggest is currently better than a M2?

We fly the Mavics 80% of the time, however we did notice that having those extra frames give us a little bit more detail when trying to capture some epic pictures which has proven to be the only advantage of the extra frames besides some smoother slow motion.

As far as suggestions go: Keep your Phantom 4 Pro's and hope for the Updates on the Mavics because good 4K is in the details.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm
Coal

Given that the bitrate is 100mbps either way, while you may have more frames to choose from at 60fps, at 30fps, each still frame is actually capturing twice as much data as it would at 60fps, and will therefore create an acceptable print in a much larger size. Also at 60fps, your slowest video shutter speed is 1/60th, which will loses a stop over 1/30th at 30fps, which impacts night flying, raising the ISO, and ultimately maxes out the ISO one stop sooner. It's definitely a trade off. No clear winner.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird