DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wife had the answer

Rchawks

Reactions
My wife insisted I try flying from a lawn chair... At first I wasn't all that interested in the idea, until she mentioned that by using a chair my flying would be less obvious to onlookers and I could relax and concentrate more. So I grabbed the chair and headed up the hill to try it. ? flew higher and farther than any other flight to date. She was right I relaxed more and it was easier to concentrate. I believe this will really speed up my learning curve.

My wife insisted I try flying from a lawn chair... At first I wasn't all that interested in the idea, until she mentioned that by using a chair my flying would be less obvious to onlookers and I could relax and concentrate more. So I grabbed the chair and headed up the hill to try it. ? flew higher and farther than any other flight to date. She was right I relaxed more and it was easier to concentrate. I believe this will really speed up my learning curve.

So the next step for you is flying from inside your car , that is the holy grail when it comes to be being relaxed.

You could not be more right about being more relaxed, i do my most intricate moves very smoothly. from inside the car.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal

When I fly, I have the opposite strategy. I wear a bright yellow caution vest, and put traffic cones and a rope around the operating area, as well as put a sign up that says "drone flight in progress". It gets lots of onlookers but they don't bother me or harass me, they might think im operating in some form of official capacity

You should try sitting in your house on the couch now that’s relaxing. My buddy turned me onto that I thought he was nuts at first.

So the next step for you is flying from inside your car , that is the holy grail when it comes to be being relaxed.

You could not be more right about being more relaxed, i do my most intricate moves very smoothly. from inside the car.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.
Coal
)

She had suggested several times that I should try flying from the car and I was kind of nervous about that. Now maybe not so much.

Big investment sitting in your trunk there!

Last edited:
)

She had suggested several times that I should try flying from the car and I was kind of nervous about that. Now maybe not so much.

Big investment sitting in your trunk there!

Baby steps first we get you flying from the car than comes flying into the storms . ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

When I fly, I have the opposite strategy. I wear a bright yellow caution vest, and put traffic cones and a rope around the operating area, as well as put a sign up that says "drone flight in progress". It gets lots of onlookers but they don't bother me or harass me, they might think im operating in some form of official capacity
Am I the only viewer of this video who thinks the pilot has a suicide wish for his drone? I got so nervous I turned it off at 7 minutes in. I guess I am just a fair weather pilot. Without colors (e.g.: dull, black and white scenes) I would never bother.

Am I the only viewer of this video who thinks the pilot has a suicide wish for his drone? I got so nervous I turned it off at 7 minutes in. I guess I am just a fair weather pilot. Without colors (e.g.: dull, black and white scenes) I would never bother.
If you are talking about the video @Phantomrain.org posted, I agree but he's the guy that makes the drone wetsuits so he probably flies them in rain and snow for testing purposes and demonstration purposes,, and i bet he has a lot of backup drones

Good to remember the motors and innards (CPU, ESC etc) are air cooled. On drones bigger than the Mini, there's often a fan that sucks in air (and whatever else you happen to be flying through) into the drone for cooling.

Me? I'll be staying out of visible moisture, precip' etc. And standing water too, if I can help it.

If I had a business and could spare a drone and had the proper environment to fly in for those conditions (not to mention to skill level) I'd do it in a heartbeat.o_O The footage he obtained doing this is rare because not many are willing to put their drone at risk (myself included) but hey more power to him. This is footage I'd never have gotten to see otherwise.Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
Too much work for me. I just wear a sign that says “COVID - 19” on it. People don’t seem to bother me, lol.

Thats just another reason to get married. Good show.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3