DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi rich environment

MR6S

Reactions
Hi There,

I bought the P3S, but since i live in a wifi rich environment my video feed only gets up to around 50m. I am thinking about upgrading to the mavic pro since i can't get any range with my p3s

Anyone here live in an urban or wifi rich environment and have a mavic? How far can you fly and how does the video feed handle?

Thanks in advance!

There have been some reports of the Mavic actually taking out or at least affecting home wifi connections, but it sounds like the Mavic has a strong enough transmitter that it overpowers local wifi signals instead of being affected by them. Your mileage may vary of course.

I actually flew for the first time today in a heavy suburban setting. College town with wifi literally everywhere. I was starting to get the first blips of video signal degradation at about 1800 feet away, and an altitude of only about 125 feet. That's the first time I've had any blips at all in the video signal and I've been out about 2 miles in a rural area. The bird was still totally controllable and I never saw so much as a warning or an attempt at an automatic RTH, the video just glitched a couple times is all...so I'd say the signal strength is pretty strong.

Reactions: RallySoob
I live in a large subdivision that is heavily treed and hilly and as you can expect interference with lots of wifi signals. My Phantom 3 Standard topped out at about 1800 feet. In open country with no interference it would go out to about 2800 feet.

I sold my P3S before Christmas.It was completely stock and I never had any issues with it. My Mavic is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa