DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will 2018 see the DJI MAVIC PRO II?

CAPTAINDRONE

Reactions
Happy 2018! The Mavic Pro was released all the way back in October of 2016.... Yikes!!!!

In 2018 will we see the Mavic Pro II & what exactly will it consist of?

Here are my thoughts on the subject. This video covers the 2018 Spark, Mavic and Phantom. Just jump ahead to 5:32 to see the MAVIC PRO II predictions for 2018.

I'm sure you have your own predictions for the next version of the MAVIC PRO. Please share them in this thread and/or in the video discussion.

A was told by a guy who "should know" that he expected a Mavic II announcement in Q2 and release in Q3 or 4 (better camera, longer flight time). Anyway, I'm gettin' one!

I think dji might get a surprise from one or two competitors and it won't be a good one for them. Who knows :cool:
This is a lucrative market and for sure they will not be left alone

I want a Pro V with a removable camera/gimbal...I'm done with these mini-gimbals.

LP

Normally I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay down cash on the odds that they will absolutely release a Mavic Pro 2 this year. Personally, I'd love to see competitors up their games and release new models to challenge and push DJI this year as well. It would be great to see some real innovation from 3DR, Yuneec, GoPro, and others that would help push the prosumer drone market to the next level.

I saw a comment in one of the teardowns that there "seemed" to be room for backwards facing sensors. I'd like to see a beefed up gimbal (not that I've had problems yet) and more fly time.

On the other end of the spectrum I'd also like to see a Mavic Lite. Same frame but some reduced features and reduced cost. Maybe single compass, single IMU, 2.7k camera on 2axis gimbal, no downwards flow vision. If same price as the still popular Phantom 3 Standard it would be a good seller if the Spark doesn't suit. Should be low cost to design and build since most tooling done.

I totally forgot my main wish... 3.0 type C downloads and or wifi/Bluetooth downloads. I get tired of taking the stupid micro SD card out.

Here is my wild idea - Fly aways are common with Mavics. DJI will include lidar sensing technology to allow the drone to land safely ;);)

Mavic Pro 2 needs more object avoidance sensors on the sides and behind it like the phantom 4 pro. Also, they need to fix the crooked horizon issue. Other than that, everything else could stay the same IMO and I wouldn't care. But I would guess they'll add a better camera.

Should have a few colour choices.

You know what it is when you see a grey drone :eek:

It might be nice to have an MP2 that would float and be water tight if it accidentally lands in the water. ;)

i think that is already thecase...countless of reviews about this on youtube...all you need is a bucket of rice !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose