DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a bottom mounted strobe interfere with VPS?

reaperman

Reactions
I have a firehouse duel arriving soon. My plan is to velcro it to the rear bottom of the mini 2. If the dimensions of the strobe are correct, there is "just" enough room for between the vps sensors and the button on the very rear of the drone. I'm just wondering if being this close to the sensors will cause issues. My plan is using the strobe in daylight hours for a visibility aid. I'd rather have the strobe mounted more in the center, but I haven't been able to find a center mount for the mini 2.

Reactions: tlswift58
I did the same thing and had the same concern (but for MA2)...and have had no issues. I was more concerned with the "flashing" disturbing the camera (mine is mounted just behind camera), but I think we over-estimate the light "bleed".

I have a firehouse duel arriving soon. My plan is to velcro it to the rear bottom of the mini 2. If the dimensions of the strobe are correct, there is "just" enough room for between the vps sensors and the button on the very rear of the drone. I'm just wondering if being this close to the sensors will cause issues. My plan is using the strobe in daylight hours for a visibility aid. I'd rather have the strobe mounted more in the center, but I haven't been able to find a center mount for the mini 2.

From most posts on the strobe thing - seems many people put them on one of the prop arms. Just an idea / suggestion.

From most posts on the strobe thing - seems many people put them on one of the prop arms. Just an idea / suggestion.

Thanks, I was considering that. I'd still like to find a center mount, I know firehouse has one with a 4 light strobe, but that pushes the weight just above 250g

Was also wondering about placement as well, I am getting the firehouse dual strobe and it comes with an adhesive tape piece, what about putting it on the battery door, looking for suggestions, thanks , my bird is the mini 2

Was also wondering about placement as well, I am getting the firehouse dual strobe and it comes with an adhesive tape piece, what about putting it on the battery door, looking for suggestions, thanks , my bird is the mini 2
Have mine (Strobon) on the battery door and have had no issues at all. It's not 'under' the drone, but I'm not aware that the strobe has to be in a specific place to be seen. Bright as heck at night and really helps with line of sight generally on gloomy UK days.

Reactions: Ricky D
That's awesome Jonathan also I am wondering about placement in regards to the GPS or any sensors looking to stay away from that stuff all the help would be appreciated

Look at post #1 on the link below, I had the same question as you. The photo in the post is my mm2, it doesnt interfere with anything at all. Since that photo, I bought a miss Chrissy bottom mount on Etsy for a cleaner install. That mount works well. The issue with a back door is its only visible from the rear, unlike the bottom

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851