DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will dji Goggles work with a Mavic Mini?

Actually no and DJI has not committed to adapt the goggles firmware to the Mini requirements yet.
In theory it would be possible to connect the goggles via USB OTG cable to the Mini's remote instead of a phone/tablet, same as is possible for Phantom 3/4, but goggle firmware is actually not compatible for that.

And to be honest, I doubt that this will ever happen beacause DJI made a big mistake when castrating the Mini's remote by removing function keys and switches. These are essential when flying with goggles, especially the sport mode switch. For most users it is not really practicable doing this via the goggle's menu and trackpad.

As I am flying my Mini with smartphone goggles I am used to this problem already and must use a Bluetooth based one-hand controller to operate the Fly app.

Last edited:
Actually no and DJI has not committed to adapt the goggles firmware to the Mini requirements yet.
In theory it would be possible to connect the goggles via USB OTG cable to the Mini's remote instead of a phone/tablet, same as is possible for Phantom 3/4, but goggle firmware is actually not compatible for that.

You sure about that? As per the post above yours - you need a drone with Occusynch for the goggles.

You sure about that? As per the post above yours - you need a drone with Occusynch for the goggles.
No you don't need a drone with Ocusync. The goggles can connect also either via USB or HDMI to a drone system. But while HDMI will work with anything (even an Amazon Fire stick) the USB interface works only with drones compatible to the GO4 app. The goggles run ab adapted and stripped-down version of the GO4 app and therefore connects to any DJI remote instead of the mobile device.

No you don't need a drone with Ocusync. The goggles can connect also either via USB or HDMI to a drone system. But while HDMI will work with anything (even an Amazon Fire stick) the USB interface works only with drones compatible to the GO4 app. The goggles run ab adapted and stripped-down version of the GO4 app and therefore connects to any DJI remote instead of the mobile device.
Well, that’s annoying. I almost bought some buy the woman in the shop said they wouldn’t work with my Air.

As the Air is using the GO4 app the goggles will work after updating to the latest firmware release.
There is just one thing to be aware of, the GO4 goggles version is not capable for unlocking your Air, so distance is limited to something around 40m, similar to beginner mode.
To work around this limitation you must initially run GO4 from your mobile device and then after the Air is ready for takeoff you can disconnect the mobile device and connect the goggles instead.

As the Air is using the GO4 app the goggles will work after updating to the latest firmware release.
There is just one thing to be aware of, the GO4 goggles version is not capable for unlocking your Air, so distance is limited to something around 40m, similar to beginner mode.
To work around this limitation you must initially run GO4 from your mobile device and then after the Air is ready for takeoff you can disconnect the mobile device and connect the goggles instead.
Unless you a Crystal Sky display and use the HDMI ouput.

As I am flying my Mini with smartphone goggles I am used to this problem already and must use a Bluetooth based one-hand controller to operate the Fly app.

Gerds can you tell which smartphone goggles are you using? I am trying to find one to fly my Mavic Mini FPV but I haven't found something suitable
Thanks in advance

Gerds can you tell which smartphone goggles are you using? I am trying to find one to fly my Mavic Mini FPV but I haven't found something suitable
Thanks in advance

It possible to use Dji Goggles with MM. I use a miracast device which basically mirrors the smartphone display onto the goggles via HDMI...only issue is there is lag/delay.(1-2sec.!).. wih this setup I only fly in open areas.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks