DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will not hover

Cloudchaser

Reactions
My MA will run up but will not go into a hover and with no joystick input the motors run at various rpm. I have the latest firmware, fully charged batteries and calibrated the compass and IMU. The last flight was perfect and the drone has never crashed or flown into anthing. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if so how the problem was resolved. Many thanks.

Are the props fitted to the correct motors? White stripes to white marks, no white to no white??

Hi, Yes the props are connected to the correct motors. Using DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) I have since done a refresh and a firmware (620) install to no avail. The front LED's are constant red which signifies a critical error.

Incidentally, DJI say that the serial number is that of a USA model and that it needs to go back to the USA for repair. I purchased the drone in August last year from SLRHut (Welcome to SLRHut | SLRHut - consumer electronics in UK) believing they were a UK company but they are not. Their Customer Service number 02038686 114 lands on a desk in America. Needless to say SLRHut are not interested in the problem with the drone. They say it is out of warranty.

Hi, Yes the props are connected to the correct motors. Using DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) I have since done a refresh and a firmware (620) install to no avail. The front LED's are constant red which signifies a critical error.

Incidentally, DJI say that the serial number is that of a USA model and that it needs to go back to the USA for repair. I purchased the drone in August last year from SLRHut (Welcome to SLRHut | SLRHut - consumer electronics in UK) believing they were a UK company but they are not. Their Customer Service number 02038686 114 lands on a desk in America. Needless to say SLRHut are not interested in the problem with the drone. They say it is out of warranty.
hi i am not an expert but first is the drone connected to the controller, did you turn the controller on first, try reconnecting the drone with the button at the back, i know this is just basic but worth a try sometimes the easy options do work also looking on you tube for results comes up as updating software

Last edited:
You can't really get the props backwards. If you could, it wouldn't fly.
One would need a controller connection to take off. Order doesn't matter much.

I'm not clear of the details of your issue. Does it take off with the takeoff button on app? What happens?
Can you do CSC start? What happens?
When you say it doesn't hover, exactly what are you doing, and what happens at each step?

In flight, some RPM shift is normal, particularly in wind.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LBRO