DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Super Patcher support the Mini in the future and could they unlock raw photos?

I'm sure DJI will add it in the near future. They have more urgent items to attack right now, like not being able to change Loss of Signal action.
At least now they have the RTH height setting bug fixed in iOS.

I'm sure DJI will add it in the near future. They have more urgent items to attack right now, like not being able to change Loss of Signal action.
At least now they have the RTH height setting bug fixed in iOS.

I'm pretty sure DJI can work on more than one thing at a time.

The image starts out as raw and is converted to jpeg by the firmware, so yes, it is easy to do. DJI may never do it, as it will weaken sales of the more expensive drones where they make much more money.

An additional point, at least on the P4 adv, the raw file is not actually a raw file. It is a TIFF encoded dng. TIFF is a lossless encoded raw, with DJI’s encoding algorithm. This is not a bad approach, but you loose the flexibility of a true raw image. Those used to working with true raw image data will be quite disappointed.

Reactions: originalfoto
The image starts out as raw and is converted to jpeg by the firmware, so yes, it is easy to do. DJI may never do it, as it will weaken sales of the more expensive drones where they make much more money.

An additional point, at least on the P4 adv, the raw file is not actually a raw file. It is a TIFF encoded dng. TIFF is a lossless encoded raw, with DJI’s encoding algorithm. This is not a bad approach, but you loose the flexibility of a true raw image. Those used to working with true raw image data will be quite disappointed.

But isn't this the same with old Mavic Pro also? At least I have JPG and DNG files when JPEG+RAW is selected.

Yes probably I don’t have access to one. I think the important point is that the DJI files in the DNG file are not real raw files as you might expect. A raw file is, as the name suggests, is raw sensor data, with no attempts to adjust it in any way. This is by far the preferred way to get image information for post processing for best results.

The DJI ”raw” files do not contain raw sensor data. The contain preprocessed data saved in a TIFF or JPEG file. I suspect that this is done to attempt to process out the lens distortions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique