DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will you buy a Mini? What will you use it for?

I would love to use this for flying indoors, would love it if it connected to a 5.5 Crystal Sky and go HDMI out
for live capability. Maybe this is a pipe dream, but would love this ability.

I would love to use this for flying indoors, would love it if it connected to a 5.5 Crystal Sky and go HDMI out
for live capability. Maybe this is a pipe dream, but would love this ability.
No occusynch so not crystal sky I’m afraid.

I know people are boasting that the MM will have 30 min. Flight time... My gut feeling, my inner galactic premonition says 21 minutes on the DJI Mavic Mini....

Reactions: jvloyola
Just placed order. Like my Mavic pro 2, but looks like a great toy with OK camera for fun flights. Will give my Dobby to a friend.

Reactions: Bobvt
Not impressed at all, maybe if this was my first drone I would be

Reactions: Mavic 57
I have the Spark fly more + portable charging station and a Mavic 2 Pro Fly More with Smart Controller.
I started off with the first gen Mavic Pro Fly more and loved it to bits.
Then I bought the Spark, I loved it for the simplicity of it and how quick you could get it into the air. I always found the image quality and the flight time very disappointing, so then I go the portable charging station, which relieved that anxiety a bit. Then when I bought the Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller, I got a big upgrade in image quality, but with the SC, the simplicity of getting it into the air is second to none, absolutely love it. Naturally, the Spark got neglected a bit. I still love having the compact and simple machine which is always available for a quick flight. I just ordered the Mavic mini to replace that. I hope the increased flight time will be indeed as good as advertized and that the image quality is an improvement wrt the Spark. If that is the case, I am happy. If it turns out that getting it into the air is just as big as "hassle" as it used to be with the original Mavic Pro, then I think I will sell it off again and keep the Spark.

I know people are boasting that the MM will have 30 min. Flight time... My gut feeling, my inner galactic premonition says 21 minutes on the DJI Mavic Mini....
for me even 20-25 minutes will be a big improvement for my "carry always" dobby, plus being able to charge the batteries from the case is a big plus

I think it's a pretty cool drone. And for the price, you can't beat it. I have the Mavic Pro (original) and the Mavic Air, so I won't be buying one. The Mavic Air is pretty small as well, and does everything the Mini does, and then some, so I have no need for the Mini.

I'm not knocking the Mini in any way shape or form, but smaller drones, like the Mavic Air and Mavic Mini, wind has to be a consideration. As well as those who like getting really good distance, just from my own use, I know Wi-Fi drones are a little disappointing. So for those 2 reasons alone, I find I use my Mavic Pro more, because I just feel more secure due to the wind strength and flight time.

That being said, I like the price, size (despite it's wind concerns) and flight time (how do they get 30 minutes out of those tiny batteries ?) of the Mavic Mini. I basically bought the Mavic Air due to it's size, camera (some say it's better than the original Mavic Pro) and safety (I like the front and back obstacle avoidance). The Mavic Mini just doesn't offer me anything that I need.

Just wanted to add, though I think the Mavic Mini is awesome, the only drone to knock my sock off recently is the Skydio 2, that will be my next drone. There are a bunch of videos of the Skydio 2 out in the wild, and the obstacle avoidance on that thing are truly next level. It's just amazing.

If I had unlimited funds, I would definitely buy the Mavic Mini also, but I'm gonna have to pass this one up since I have the Mavic Air.

Reactions: Bobvt and GarthH
Seems to me it would be great for travel. Small. Light. Capable enough for some great vacation pics.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Not buying one, since I already have an M2P. But if I were just starting out, I'd be all over the new Mini--$499 with 3 batts? Sheesh!

I predict they'll fly off the shelves.

Reactions: Mavic 57
I might have to get it for real estate shooting near the airport. Just need to stay low and out of the flight path. I don't believe this is geofenced . . . .

Looks like a Spark 2, fixing the limits of that drone:
2.7k camera,
30 min fly time,
3 axis gimbal.

If you like your Spark (I do!)... then this looks like a nice upgrade for that. Its not a high end dji drone at all.

Being in Canada where there are virtually no restrictions for flying RC aircraft under 250g, I can see the attraction of the Mini, even for recreational pilots such as me who already have a M2P. Many areas where people live in Canada are within controlled airspace and aircraft > 250g are not allowed, so the Mini would be usable in most scenarios in these areas. However, I agree the weight could be an issue outdoors, except on very calm days, and of course the camera is no match for the 1" inch sensor on the M2P.
Even if the Mini has the same DJI geofencing as the M2P, the DJI geofencing can be overridden (in some cases requiring help from DJI) as long as the Canadian regs are complied with.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Still image quality will be very poor given that it appears to be using the same low resolution 1/2.3" sensor as the Air and the M2Z and you can't even shoot RAW which is disappointing, but it should make getting a couple quick shots for Real Estate much easier within city limits. Certainly better than not getting a photo at all.

Also it'll be a fun drone tor screw around with in backyards, parks, etc.

I wonder how often people will have to deal with police/bylaw and let them know it is in fact 1g below the regulation weight haha.

I'll probably buy one after Winter when any kinks are worked out and the weather is more suited to flying.

I might have to get it for real estate shooting near the airport. Just need to stay low and out of the flight path. I don't believe this is geofenced . . . .
It is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123