DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will you keep your Pro when you get your Pro 2?

Another factor I'd consider is whether accessories will remain compatible : batteries, chargers, goggles, etc.
Still learning the MP1 but definitely not satisfied with the photo quality. We'll see

I just got my Pro and the way I figure it I will have a few good years with it ( God willing, as long I dont crash it) I don't think the price of the Mavic 2/zoom will be in my reach anyway so maybe after 2-3 years I will get one

The news is in: the UK's Argos catalogue proves that the Mavic Pro is on its way.

So will you keep your Pro when you've bought the Pro 2, or sell it?
I have had my Mavic Pro for 15 months and absolutely will NOT be getting rid of it. I also just bought my second Spark (sold the first one) with the portable charging station and will keeping it also. There were some things I liked about the Air, but never purchased one because I thought it should have had ocusync like the Pro so I decided to wait for the MP2. After seeing the specs I am looking forward to the long anticipated release.

You have to do something with it besides flying it around. It is a flying camera, not a RC aircraft to watch.
Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it, i always just fly with the goggles. The thing that makes it boring is you need no skill to fly any DJI product. It is made to cater for the lowest denominator. I fly helicopters and FPV quad racers, so it is maybe not a fair comparison. Yes, i am not into taking photos or video, so that can also be the cause. Everyone to its own.

It'll be a while before I buy another drone, and it most likely won't be a DJI craft. The NFZ restrictions are a real turn-off for me. Granted, the rest of the tech is usually far ahead of the competition.

You could use NLD to turn off NFZ's at your risk
Fly safe, fly well
Steve

The news is in: the UK's Argos catalogue proves that the Mavic Pro is on its way.

I would like to keep my Pro, and retrofit it with the Hasselblad camera. I'm hoping someone comes up with a modification for that.

If the improved camera has apperture control with a 20MP camera I’ll be hard pressed not to buy it. Naturally price point will also be a factor.

In general I love my MP but really want to be able to control light hitting the sensor.

My 2c

i never sell anything i buy.they usually just sit unused
i have a spark and 2 mavics and a evo
i did have a phantom but my son came in from canada and i gave that to him
i just like collecting things,i have 4 computers and tons of old comics
i guess one could say i collect hard drives since i currently have 96 tb.

I’m the exact opposite, I prefer to obtain the latest tech, use it then if the next best thing is seemingly worth the swap, I’ll sell on eBay and get the latest and greatest...

I didn’t see any value in the GoPro 6 so kept my 5 for now.
Besides my life isnt anywhere near extreme enough, I tend to use it as a vlogging camera with external mic and stuff.

I bet DJI’s Keynote will blow people out of the water. I would sell now if you plan on using the cash for the upgrade. Otherwise you’ll be stuck with two good drones. [emoji3]

The things will be vapourware for months anyway. They're obviously going to have a supply v demand problem for several months.

same here, I have every hard drive since windows 98. Little bit of something on each one but to lazy to go through them and transfer to one main one.
I’d rather be flying

Can I be your driver, I still have my chauffeur license and could help keep those drones up and exercised

I will keep my Pro, its been reliable, i will probably fly it more like it deserves to be flown. instead of treating it like a precious jewel, I'll save that for the new one hahaha

Reactions: drakkor
I just came back from the future and found out that more than half of you are lying! I waded through a 200 page post of complaints from you same people saying you paid your money and have still not got your MP2 two months later.
:D:D:D:D

In all seriousness, I would never say no to an upgrade but a few things would be painful. I expect the price of the 1" sensor version to be well over $1000. I also figure the NFZ stuff is going to be so obtrusive that it will suck the joy out of owning the MP2 and so I will have to resort to using my MP1 for a lot of flights.

After doing a year of involuntary Beta testing on the MP I would rather have others Beta test the MP2. Lastly I am really enjoying my Mavic Pro. The picture quality is good enough for most of the stuff I do. It is also very quiet and stealthy yet compact and capable of great range. Time will tell but I can assure you that I will not be one of the first people to preorder or even buy one until lots of other people have done the testing. I did my part with the MP1 so this time I will leave it to others.

Rob

Reactions: dirkclod
Good ,maybe I will be able to get mine sooner .:)
Cause you know Rob if/when it does come out I will be on the buy button ;)

Reactions: Robbyg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom