DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind Speed

Aracelli

Reactions
Ok guys I know the Mavic Air is rated in winds upto 22mph, and probably could stretch it a LITTLE bit further, however has anyone ever sent their ''beloved'' up into the sky with such wind speeds, currently where I am according to my app there is 13mph winds with upto 17mph gusts, and I'm **** scared to go fly lol

At this moment 24mph gust up to 35
Having a lot of trouble keeping it in place and only in sports mode

30 mph last week coming off the lake (pretty extreme for around here).... and while DJI go 4 app constantly warned me of high wind, the air performed surprisingly well. I was just doing some simple stuff to see how it could handle the wind. and photos/video came out well. Pretty cool seeing the trees whipping in the wind in the videos.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Sorry, wasn’t me. I just posted DC rainmaker’s YouTube video. He has 118,000 subscribers. I’m not sure which app he used to show the type of tracks in the video. The AirMap and a DJI GO 4 app just shows thin track lines, not the thick track lines.

Don't be scared! Start off just going to 20 feet and seeing what happens for a minute or so. If the bird is unhappy RTH. Then go up to 60ft. Again see if the bird is happy. If it is ok, try flying across the wind and see if the gimbal locks up (false horizon). If not then you are ok

Reactions: dawgpilot
Ok guys I know the Mavic Air is rated in winds upto 22mph, and probably could stretch it a LITTLE bit further, however has anyone ever sent their ''beloved'' up into the sky with such wind speeds, currently where I am according to my app there is 13mph winds with upto 17mph gusts, and I'm **** scared to go fly lol
Keep in mind that winds are usually reported as surface winds, and get stronger as you climb to higher altitudes. My experience has been that the MA handles winds very well. When you have gusty winds, the MA holds its position like a rock, but you can tell by the motor speed changes that it's doing a lot of compensation. I suggest staying close to the ground until you figure out what the winds really are like.

BIG thing to keep in mind about winds is that if you're flying somewhere with the wind, you'll be coming back against the wind, and that means it's going to take more battery power to return, than to get there - plan accordingly. The GO 4 software does NOT take that into consideration, so don't believe you're OK, just because the software hasn't told you it's time to go home.

Reactions: Aracelli
Well i'm on an island in the Med and I have not been flying due to winds (i'm worried it will be carried away).

I come outside and there's this Swiss dude flying his MA all over the sky, doing dronies, going up high over the town etc .lol

I said to him isn't it too windy? He sais "Thish ish not wind its little breeze" lol

I think i need to re-calculate what I assume to be strong wind for the drone...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov