DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind Warning & Sudden Crash

Seedubb

Reactions
I saw a red wind warning this afternoon, advising me to land my Mavic Pro 2. I was in tripod mode and the drone was sat idling at about 20ft.

I lowered the drone slightly and let it sit for about 30 seconds to see how the wind was affecting it. Suddenly the noise of the drone changed, as if one of the propellors was obstructed or had failed.
The drone pitched to the right and flew off at great speed, much faster than tripod mode should allow. It flew super fast across a field and crashed in to the ground, resulting in 3 snapped arms.

Upon finding the drone, one of the motors was super warm, while the other 3 were fine. Could this motor have failed under the stress of the wind?

Also, would flight logs contain any info pertaining to the failure?

Could this motor have failed under the stress of the wind?
No .. it had nothing to do with the wind
Also, would flight logs contain any info pertaining to the failure?
Probably ... why don't we check?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Thomas B
No .. it had nothing to do with the wind

Probably ... why don't we check?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Thanks Meta, here's the link to the report - DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

There doesn't seem to be any obvious change in circumstances before it went haywire.

It seemed to go wrong around 21m 50.3s - looks like it went in to auto landing after the odd noise started. Then apparently hit 65mph?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d