DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Windows 10 not allowing my mavic remote to connect???

Scuba1954

Reactions
I am running windows 10 and had no problem doing a firmware update on the drone itself. However when I try to do the firmware update on the remote my desktop will not allow the remote to connect. After I have plugged the usb into the computer and turn on the remote I get the tone that says it is connecting then almost immediately it disconnects. I have turned off my firewall and still no luck.
I wanted to make sure the remote cable works so I went to my wife's laptop with windows 10 and I downloaded the dji assistant and then plugged in the remote and turned it on. I got a prompt from my windows firewall asking if I want to allow this to connect and I said yes and it connected with no problems.
On my desktop I have uninstalled dji assistant and reinstalled it and still no luck. I am looking for ideas. I don't want to have to do firmware updates with wifi or my wifes laptop.

That desktop app is junk. Stupid thing wouldn't even load up on my PC. Just do it via wifi, it's not worth the PITA of using the computer.

After poking around on the blogs I was able to figure out what needed to be done. Windows did not like the non windows drivers that DJI uses. I had to disable the signature drivers so I could install the DJI drivers then all worked well.

Reactions: sonof40
After poking around on the blogs I was able to figure out what needed to be done. Windows did not like the non windows drivers that DJI uses. I had to disable the signature drivers so I could install the DJI drivers then all worked well.
Hi,
I have the same problem, but I don't know where I can find the remote driver ?? neither where I can "disable" the signature driver... could you help me ? thanks
happy new year
Christophe

Hi,
I have the same problem, but I don't know where I can find the remote driver ?? neither where I can "disable" the signature driver... could you help me ? thanks
happy new year
Christophe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez